[SOLVED] spotchat is down?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wm_domino

[SOLVED] spotchat is down?

Post by wm_domino »

it seems spotchat has been down for the last 24hrs at least, does anyone have an idea why or for how long?

it seems freenode is under attack according to a global post by one of their admins.

is everyone congregating elsewhere in the meantime?

thanks in advance

ps. i also have some questions about how the forum is to handle things not found in the /topic rules, should i post those here or ??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: spotchat is down?

Post by xenopeek »

The spotchat IRC channels are up fine from here. Searching for freenode, there seems to be a netsplit going on for freenode: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=49505&p=385286
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

I've just been in the spotchat channel, the linux mint channels are on too as well as some others, I was on thru irc on irc.spotchat.org if thats the same one? I'm also on a trivia chanel on freenode but that's still down, been under some DDOS attacks apparently, I was told they're posting updates on their twittter feed . . . . . . .
wm_domino

Post by wm_domino »

you have been most helpful, patient and understanding with me in the -help & -chat room and very much appreciate it.

could you please check to see if i've been banned for some reason? all i get when i try to connect is this:

Connecting to irc.spotchat.org (109.234.106.53) port 9999...
* Connection failed. Error: Connection refused
Cycling to next server in Linux Mint Server...
* Looking up irc.spotchat.org
* Connecting to irc.spotchat.org (109.234.106.53) port 9999..

i have made no changes to xchat since my last login, but made a few quite a bit before that - anything i should check?

i suppose you'll need some personal info to check for the ban (like my isp and/or ip) let me know if/where you want it.

also, it would be very much helpful since i found an irc nick i can use and ppl will still recognize me, is there any chance you can change my user id in the forum to: wm_domino ? no other changes are needed - thank you in advance.

*verification it's actually running helps, sorry for wasting your time, i inadvertantly checked the "use ssl for all the servers on this network"

:oops:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Well, glad it wasn't anything more scare than a wrong setting :)

Return to “Other topics”