Five reasons for what I'm leaving Linux Mint

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lexon

Re: Five reasons for what I'm leaving Linux Mint

Post by lexon »

Lately running Mint is like owning a FIAT which I have. Fix It Again Tony.
A Ford which I have owned. Fix Or Repair Daily.

L
Incentive I.C

Re: Five reasons for what I'm leaving Linux Mint

Post by Incentive I.C »

lexon wrote:I will be buying a All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop that runs Android. I have used Android on a seven inch model and I like it.
Mint is very slowly going downhill. Kind of started with 13 I believe. 14 abd 15 No longer sees a SD media card in a reader. Office is a little slower. Firefox is slower. Yahoo email takes about fourteen seconds to respond if I have not been in it for a while. I could go on but no point. Mint 6, 9 and even 11 where quite good.
With 15, no way that I can see to easily add an Icon in the bottom panel to start Office and Gimp. Use to be easy.
With the decline in desktops and laptops, I see Mint and maybe Linux becoming irrelevant in the future.
Linux has served me well since Dec, 2003 but time to move on. Yse, I know, Android is based on Linux.

I will keep Mint as a backup and I have a Vista laptop to backup the Mint.

L
Maybe your hardware is old and not compataible with the new Mint? Firefox is slow in Mint i will say that but Andriod Desktop IDK about all that. I have a little Andriod phone and I could never really get anything done on an OS like that other than enertainment and email. I see Linux in the furture becoming quite popular in the furture. Its a pretty good and easily editable kernel expecially for andriod. A few tweaks with it could be the difference between a extra 2 hours of battery life in andriod.

By the way stick with LTS they are alot more stable.

Return to “Open Chat”