for RPG Gamers

Chat about just about anything else

for RPG Gamers

Postby ed@Mint on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:07 am

I might be a bit late, but i just discovered a great game (very high quality) :
So, if you like WoW and (MMO)RPG in general, make sure to check it out, it is 100% free.
Just click on the image above.

Enjoy !
Ed
In libro veritas

Now switched to : ArchLinux

New users, read the Linux Mint User Guide | Problem ? See the Wiki first | Check out the Software Portal | Join the IRC channel : #linuxmint @ irc.spotchat.org
ed@Mint
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: for RPG Gamers

Postby jokersloose on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks Ed I am going to install this and see if my youngest son likes it. If he does I just might be able to get him to kick MS on his HP slimline. :)

James
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Postby ed@Mint on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 am

I suggest you read a bit of the guides on the website before to launch your son into the game, though i don't know how old he is.
Planeshift is really based on Roleplay and thus might be targeted to mature players.
This will describe it a lot better than i might do. :wink:

Anyway i wish your son and (why not) you a lot of fun.
Ed
In libro veritas

New users, read the Linux Mint User Guide | Problem ? See the Wiki first | Check out the Software Portal | Join the IRC channel : #linuxmint @ irc.spotchat.org
ed@Mint
Level 5
Level 5

Postby jokersloose on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:26 pm

OH he's 18. He plays one on line now called Secret of the Solstace ( http://www.outspark.com/portal/ ). He's mad because it will not play under a Linux OS even though they use an open source for there servers. I know there is a LOT of talk on there boards about why they are willing to use open source for there own needs but are not willing to give back to it and let there game run on Linux. But I plan in downloading it on my laptop and let him play it on there before we do anything to his HP. He has said lots if he could get his game to run he would dump MS and move to Linux he likes the way my systems run. So if this game will be as fun for him as SOS is then he might just play it instead :o)

I'll keep ya updated on how it goes. If I can do this then we will not have one MS machine out of the 3 desktops and 2 laptops in the house. LOL

James
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Postby ed@Mint on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:37 pm

jokersloose wrote:OH he's 18.

:shock: :lol: And i thought that younger son meant like 10 years old :roll: :mrgreen:
The game might not be as well finalized as a commercial one, but though it is still beta (or even alpha.. i don't remember), it is already very playable and, if he understands and likes just a bit of the free software concept, i bet you he'll like it ! :)
In libro veritas

ed@Mint
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Hjess on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Ed.

I've tryed to install the binary .. everything is good until I the game tryes to connect to the web - then it make a fatal crash.. any ideas about why?

/~ HJess
"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"No notice is taken of a little evil, but when it increases it strikes the eye." - Aristotle
Hjess
Level 2
Level 2

Postby ed@Mint on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Hjess wrote:Hi Ed.

I've tryed to install the binary .. everything is good until I the game tryes to connect to the web - then it make a fatal crash.. any ideas about why?

/~ HJess

Hi Hjess, been a long time :)

The process went flawslessly for me (very nice installer btw), i can't help you on that, unfortunately.
I suggest you try to get the problems by asking in the Planeshift forums, on the game's website (or maybe in the FAQ or something).

Good luck,
Ed
In libro veritas

ed@Mint
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Open chat