HTTPS is vulnerable to BREACH exploit

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Re: HTTPS is vulnerable to BREACH exploit

Post by daveinuk »

There's an awful lot to be said for not turning into a cashless society . . . . . . .. no-one's breaching my wallet ......... :|
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

The words "Security" "Privacy" and "Internet" no longer fit into the same sentence it seems. I can't help but think the long term chilling effect for the Internet regarding all these issues could devastate Internet commerce, free and open discussion, sharing of ideas and views, all of which helped to make the Internet great :(
Gotsu Totsu Kotsu II

New Password Cracking software tries 8 Million Times Per Sec

Post by Gotsu Totsu Kotsu II »

even if, http://hackersnewsbulletin.com/2013/09/new-password-cracking-software-tries-8-million-times-per-second-crack-password.html
dee.

Post by dee. »

Good reason to support Bitcoin. No need to depend on https for bank transfers...
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

About what the first poster gives, I am not convinced of the generality of this approach. Not too practical, I am sure.

And about the Hakers News Bulletin article given by Gotsu Totsu Kotsu II above, it is still not too practical. There are systems that block access for a time after a number of failed attempts.
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)

Return to “Open Chat”