Opinion on using BSD as a desktop?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
the.dark.lord

Opinion on using BSD as a desktop?

Post by the.dark.lord »

Anyone here tried using any BSD variant as a desktop? How did it go? From what I read, the design philosophy of the BSDs (FreeBSD, at any rate) seem to be more elegant, and less cluttered than that of Linux. However, they seem to be more focused about the server side than that of the desktop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Opinion on using BSD as a desktop?

Post by xenopeek »

I've shortly used FreeBSD on my desktop. I've had OpenBSD for a longer period as a server. I don't think I've used either long enough to comment about either being "more elegant" or "less cluttered" than Linux, considering I don't know what you want that to mean exactly :) These days I prefer Arch Linux as "more elegant" and "less cluttered". I'm much more comfortable on Arch Linux then I ever was on the BSD distros or on other GNU/Linux distros... Everything is just simpler, more elegant, and less cluttered :wink:

BSDs compared with Arch Linux: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ar ... he_.2ABSDs

Return to “Open Chat”