[SOLVED]last ditch effort (not mint related) lxle support

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
wm_domino

[SOLVED]last ditch effort (not mint related) lxle support

Post by wm_domino »

i've been an ardent supporter of mint since before gloria and continue to use cinnamon as my main de, i am very happy with it and love the support, thank you all so very much.

those of you that know me from the irc rooms will know that i help nearly 2 dozen users maintain their former xp machines and that i subscribe to the philosophies a) do no harm b) try to help newbies out best you can. these users were obliviously happy on lmde xfce for a long time, but since it's loss we've been on the hunt for a newbie friendly distro that will run effeciently on older xp machines, ie: gforce4, that they can operate. i was hoping mint17 xfce would work, but it's my understanding it will not.

nobody else has support like this for newbies and novices & not a single one is interested in re-installing ... ever, so until you have a corner for cut (constantly usable t?) debian users, i will have to show them distros like lxle & linuxlite.

thus to my troubles: i always poke around the forum (but not always join right away), join the irc chat supporting it, hang out, help a newbie or two, be genial, etc, etc when trying out new distros for them, no different than here. have never had issues of any sort until the lxle team jumped to the conclusion my name is phil and have proceeded to verbally abuse, ban from xmpp, and remove my forum posts.

in a last ditch effort to convince them i am not phil, i hoped cross referencing posts between registered distro forums would help seeing as how i use the same email, userid perface (wm_), same machines, (domino, duckie), ip, etc.. same as registered in freenode, spotchat, snowlinux and now duckgo (for their xmpp tech support chat).

on the off chance anyone here has influence there i would greatly appreciate a word, i'm all for trying to get to a clean slate with them.

be well & peace!

domino

http://www.snowlinux.de/forum/welcome/1 ... rt=18#1842
http://lxle.net/forum/#/discussion/217/ ... -i-am-not-
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: last ditch effort (not mint related) lxle tech support

Post by xenopeek »

They are referring to your post here. That does seem to give the idea that your name is Phil. There are of course many people called Phil...

I don't have any contact with LXLE and looking at their forums I see no familiar names either. Without meaning to doubt you I don't have the full story why you were banned (was there some pretext to go hunt for proof your name is Phil?).

That said, I recall you and I had some friendly exchanges in Linux Mint's IRC channels mid last year. Looking at IRC logs since then, I see you being helpful to others there and I see no notes from other IRC ops about you. The same goes for here on the forums. So as far as my word is worth anything, I can vouch for you being a helpful and respectable member of the Linux Mint community.
wm_domino

Re: last ditch effort (not mint related) lxle tech support

Post by wm_domino »

thanks ever so much xenopeek. can't dish out some of your tuts fast enough, awesome work.

it's a moot point, the team leader and another op generated so much drama by the time they realized i may not be that person they thought i was, they just couldn't get over it.

no worries and thanks again.

Return to “Open Chat”