Future of Firefox Australis and LinuxMint

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
RacerBG

Re: Future of Firefox Australis and LinuxMint

Post by RacerBG »

killer de bug wrote:
MartyMint wrote: That's a joke, right?
Not at all. You can move everything where you want. What else do you want?
The adress bar is very static... For example if I want to move the tabs on the bottom - I can't do it. But the overall presentation is very good. The only downside is the lack of updated themes/addons for version 29. The time will come however. :)
DaComboMan

Post by DaComboMan »

Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) doesn't bring Firefox back to the way we have known and always cherished it. :roll:
The last hick was with regards to the star that used to appear in url box which basically told us if the webpage was in our bookmarks (or not).
It's not there anymore and CTR or other addons do not bring it back!!! :oops:

I'm going to Palemoon until Mozilla gets their act together.

Slam the door.
wanderer7

Post by wanderer7 »

DaComboMan wrote:Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) doesn't bring Firefox back to the way we have known and always cherished it. :roll:
The last hick was with regards to the star that used to appear in url box which basically told us if the webpage was in our bookmarks (or not).
It's not there anymore and CTR or other addons do not bring it back!!! :oops:

I'm going to Palemoon until Mozilla gets their act together.

Slam the door.
The star isn't in the URL box any more, but it still changes its color if you go to a bookmarked web-site. I'm using FF29 with the new theme, without CTR.
DaComboMan

Post by DaComboMan »

It changes color?
Where?
shawnhcorey
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Future of Firefox Asstralis and LinuxMint

Post by shawnhcorey »

Previous1 wrote:If you use LMDE easy to switch to Iceweasel.
But how does one get Iceweasel if one is running other versions of Mint?
Don't stop where the ink does.
wanderer7

Post by wanderer7 »

DaComboMan wrote:It changes color?
Where?
The bookmarks star is now between the URL bar and the home icon. Normally it's greyed out. When you bookmark a website (i.e. when you click on it) it changes its color. The color of the star probably depends on the desktop you're using, but it won't be grey anymore. When you visit a bookmarked web-site, the star chenges the color from grey to something else. That's what I meant.
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

DaComboMan wrote:It changes color?
Where?
Yes, it does change color except the color is blue not yellow and the new star icon is default to to version 29 and although it doesn't live in the address field you can move it anywhere you like. The new icon is actually a combination of two icons, the star on the left and the bookmarks button to the right of it. If it's not on the tool bar, where it should be by default, you can move it there by right clicking on the "hamburger" icon on the far right of the tool bar, select "Customize" and drag it up there.

As far as the rest of your previous comment is concerned, the Classic Theme Restorer does indeed have an option to return the "old style" star button to the address field. It's in the list of options on the right hand side as soon as you open up CTR's "Preferences". The option even states that you have to restart Firefox in order for the change to take effect. It works for me without a problem although I prefer the "Star/Bookmark" icon of version 29.

With all due respect, you really need to lose your anger with version 29 and CTR, then you'll be able to see these options that are right in front of you. Or you can go with Palemoon of course.

Remember, anger leads to hate and hate is a path to the Dark side. :shock: :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
DaComboMan

Post by DaComboMan »

On the brightside of things, thanks to CTR and a friends tip here, i was able to finally get my star back! :)
On the darkside of things, prior to that, i went to "customize" to see where those stars were and not a single option was available. Tried twice (restart) and still no go. Must be a conflict with addons... :roll:

So, Mozilla... just wish you could pick up on the simple tip: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Previous1

Re: Future of Firefox Asstralis and LinuxMint

Post by Previous1 »

shawnhcorey wrote:
Previous1 wrote:If you use LMDE easy to switch to Iceweasel.
But how does one get Iceweasel if one is running other versions of Mint?
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=166191
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

DaComboMan wrote:On the brightside of things, thanks to CTR and a friends tip here, i was able to finally get my star back! :)
On the darkside of things, prior to that, i went to "customize" to see where those stars were and not a single option was available. Tried twice (restart) and still no go. Must be a conflict with addons... :roll:

So, Mozilla... just wish you could pick up on the simple tip: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Sounds like you might be using version 1.1.8 of CTR. If so, head to the CTR Add-on page...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss

...and install the latest development version (1.2.0 beta) and try that one. That's the version I'm running and I should have stated that at the beginning. Sorry about that.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
DaComboMan

Post by DaComboMan »

Much better! Thanks! :)

Return to “Open Chat”