After laboring long over a post for advice...

Chat about just about anything else

After laboring long over a post for advice...

Postby oledawg on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 am

I lost the damn thing because my login expired.

Thanks a lot for the help. Wait, what help? I just lost an hour or so for nothing.

I'll just reload my OS yet again because it is a lot quicker than that wasted hour.
oledawg
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: After laboring long over a post for advice...

Postby AlanWalker on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:23 am

oledawg wrote:I lost the damn thing because my login expired.

Thanks a lot for the help. Wait, what help? I just lost an hour or so for nothing.

Not for nothing; you learned that if you're going to take a long time to compose a post that you'd better use a text editor to 'get it right'.

oledawg wrote:I'll just reload my OS yet again because it is a lot quicker than that wasted hour.

Sorry your lost that time (and thought).

Elsewhere, how's Texas doin? I spent some time in Harlengen.

Regards,
AlanWalker
Level 4
Level 4

Re: After laboring long over a post for advice...

Postby Pilosopong Tasyo on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:37 am

This is more of a rant rather than an actual support question. Moved to Open Chat.

That said, you are not the only one who got victimized of this time out. I learned this the hard way in another forum a long time ago. The message was lost and no amount of hitting the back button let me recover it. From that point on, I compose lengthy messages outside the forum via text editor and just copy-paste it in the forum when ready.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Open chat