Feedback on my website for my uni application :)

Chat about just about anything else

Feedback on my website for my uni application :)

Postby sputty01 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:42 pm

Hey fellow mint dudes/dudettes :) I'm applying for university next month to do a web multimedia course and they asked if i could start getting a portfolio together and try to gain some contacts that would like design work doing for them. The contacts part is pretty much sorted and I'm just throwing together a website to collect all the little bits which I've designed over the last few years (including some of the mint wallpapers that ive done and that im working on :) ). Since mint is by far the most elegant distro out there (mucho credit to Jernau for that!) your obviously users with taste, I've got an initial revision of the site designed but I'd love some feedback on it if you have the time to take a look, criticism makes me happy so don't hold back, i promise wont be offended :P

Its on DA here and if you click the thumbnail below it should open nice and big :)

Also i'm thinking of buying an aspire one and shoving mint on it, if anyone reading has tried mixing the two it would be great to hear if you ran into any quirks along the way, i understand the wireless will require a bit of messing with but apart from that it should be ok right?

Ciao! :D
sputty01
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Feedback on my website for my uni application :)

Postby badmotor on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:45 am

It's a shame no-one answered this when you originally posted it. Looks nice though. :)
badmotor
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Feedback on my website for my uni application :)

Postby rivenought on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:40 am

This is really good. Somehow, I missed this when you posted originally. Yeah, I would have commented, as well. So, after a few months, how did this go with your university application? Any luck with the Acer? I know I would be interested in hearing about any updates. I am sorry for not posting originally.
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Open chat