Windows Nein (aka Windows 9)

Chat about just about anything else

Windows Nein (aka Windows 9)

Postby gtsfer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:48 am

Users on the forums should get ready for another influx of newbies (well, I'm still one myself), since Microsoft is gearing up to launch their latest campaign to shoot itself in the foot. I found it interesting that in the PC World article below, the pic clearly shows the word "Bloatware" emblazoned on the main screen.

Has anyone seen this in W8? I dunno for sure as I defected and escaped from M$ clutches last May. I don't recall seeing this elsewhere, but I think it takes some guts to categorize anybody else's product as "bloatware". The pot calling the kettle black? :shock:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2451580/rumor-microsofts-windows-9-campaign-begins-this-fall.html
Last edited by gtsfer on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a time for laughing and a time for not laughing. And this is not one of them! ...Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau
LMDE 64-bit MATE Edition
Please edit your first post Edit and add [SOLVED] to the Subject if you get it resolved.
gtsfer
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Windows Nein (aka Windows 9)

Postby wanderer7 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Right now, these are rumors only. But in the end, M$ users will have no choice left, I guess - one day you won't be able to install "bloatware", maybe in windows 10 or 11. Users won't have windows, windows will have them.
wanderer7
Level 4
Level 4

Postby WinterTroubles on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:43 pm

http://core2.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/04/3-windows-8-store-app-tile-bloatware-100260256-large.png

The above link to the image used in the article, and more precisely the image name in the url, kind of suggests that it isn't an official MS image.. and that, unfortunately, this doesn't herald a new era of brutal honesty from the marketing department.. which is a shame :lol:
Linux noob...lurking in the corner...reading quietly...absorbing hopefully...possibly learning..

Mint17Cinn32bit

http://www.copy.com 15 GB free storage + 5GB referral bonuses available
WinterTroubles
Level 5
Level 5

Postby killer de bug on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:01 pm

If we follow the path of Windows releases, normally Windows nine should be a nice one (as a Windows OS of course...). After XP and Seven...
Last edited by killer de bug on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. [Isaac Newton]
killer de bug
Level 7
Level 7

Postby scryan on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:33 pm

gtsfer wrote:Users on the forums should get ready for another influx of newbies (well, I'm still one myself), since Microsoft is gearing up to launch their latest campaign to shoot itself in the foot. I found it interesting that in the PC World article below, the pic clearly shows the word "Bloatware" emblazoned on the main screen.

Has anyone seen this in W8? I dunno for sure as I defected and escaped from M$ clutches last May. I don't recall seeing this elsewhere, but I think it takes some guts to categorize anybody else's product as "bloatware". The pot calling the kettle black? :shock:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2451580/rumor-microsofts-windows-9-campaign-begins-this-fall.html

I like linux more too... and I realize its cool to hate windows...

But you do realize the picture from that article is a Photoshop right? The OS has not even been announced yet and all the info is from a leak on some russian forum that detailed possible installation for windows 9, which we have no info about other then it WILL NOT use that same style start menu that is shown in the screen shot.
scryan
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Open chat