Want to go back to Windows

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
bostinia

Want to go back to Windows

Post by bostinia »

okokok so i at first had windows 7 on my dell xps 410 desktop, but then i forgot the password. and then my friend told me about linux mint 17 so i was like hey! im going to try it! so i did but now i want to go back to windows but i dont know how like i have the cd for it and everything but it keeps telling me i cat install it. can yall help me please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Want to go back to Windows

Post by exploder »

In the Windows installer you need to delete all the partitions starting with the last one first, then Windows should install. Sorry you did not like running Linux.
nomko

Post by nomko »

exploder wrote:In the Windows installer you need to delete all the partitions starting with the last one first, then Windows should install. Sorry you did not like running Linux.
Even weirder it is to create an account just for one question and intending not ever to come back here...
colyn

Post by colyn »

Another option is to download killdisk free and wipe the entire disk..
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

or use 'Darik's Boot and Nuke'.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Miekuxi

Post by Miekuxi »

exploder wrote:In the Windows installer you need to delete all the partitions starting with the last one first, then Windows should install. Sorry you did not like running Linux.
Hey, I run Linux Mint on an USB drive initially; now I run it on an external hard drive.
I shall confess that running on an external hard drive is WAY WAY faster than running on an USB drive, and it is also faster than Windows 7 on my hard drive.

Return to “Open Chat”