A decent free office suite

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
JusTertii

A decent free office suite

Post by JusTertii »

Guys and gals, I can proudly announce that I've *finally* found an office app that produces presentation quality documents.

It's not libre, and *certainly* not open office. Am I the only one who thinks they're only good for making draft quality reports?

It is entirely free and 100% compatible with .docx and so on. It runs perfectly in linux. However, it is browser based.

May I present to you, office.com. This is what linux has been looking for - nobody needs to pay anymore to get decent office software!

viva la revolucion!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: A decent free office suite

Post by Pierre »

if you are going down that road,
then get KingSoftOffice:

http://www.wps.com/windows/
http://www.wps.com/linux/

it's far better than any M$ office. ..
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

The day Office Word will be as good as Latex to generate a report is not here yet...
JusTertii

Post by JusTertii »

Oh wow, thanks Pierre! I didn't know about kingsoft. That looks really good, I'll download it and give it a go.

And killer de bug - I'm open to giving Latex a go, but am scarred from one I downloaded a while back. It totally owned me. What version do you use? Do you know any that are reasonably beginner-friendly, or can compile as you write?

Return to “Open Chat”