MTBF in real life

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Mute Ant

MTBF in real life

Post by Mute Ant »

I wandered past here...http://apps.who.int/gho/data/view.main.LT62260?lang=en...and it tickled me. My sex, age and nationality give me a probability of failure during the next year of 0.007 or, in hardware-speak, an MTBF of 142 years :D (Dances across room, trips over untethered dog and is eaten by socks).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: MTBF in real life

Post by all41 »

Great! Post again when you get there--so they can plot the accuracy of the estimations. :)
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Fuzzy Penquin

Post by Fuzzy Penquin »

Mine is 0.001! I don't know what that translates into for hardware MTBF, but I'm glad to see that I'm not likely to die within the next 12 months. LOL.

Um.... why is my cat looking at me so suspiciously? What's the matter, Bear? ...Bear...? Bear?? OH GOD, NO! BEAR! Somebody hel---!! *sudden silence* *cat calmly leaves the room like nothing happened*
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

0.001 [failure per year] looks like 1000 [year per failure] == MTBF. Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Return to “Open Chat”