TOR to Secure Linux Online?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
wywer

Re: How Secure Is Linux Online?

Post by wywer »

wywerjet wrote:
1.618 wrote:
wywerjet wrote: I am a strong advocate of taking hard copies(print outs)and safely and securely storing them! I take 3 copies ,One's in my briefcase,with a 6 digit number lock,the second's in my bank safe deposit box and finally the third is with me( i have a custom-built desktop table with a provision for double locking draws (2),where i keep them.Usually, we remember the important p-w's,especially the "ROOT PASSWORD"! I have 8 email accounts and i don't burden my "thought sphere"by loading them there.Instead, i open the 2 locks of the draw,glance and type off the needed p-w to glory
For someone who's big on security you just made a burglars job pretty easy... you just told the whole world exactly where to find you passwords, hope your windows have strong locks :-)
Dear 1.618,
Actually,life on the net is like a trade-off! If i were a white hat,by now i would have ripped your whole internet to collapse on you,like a card-castle!That's as easy as it gets! In 2005,a survey was conducted as to which banks in USA are vulnerable and which " have strong windows"? Only The Bank Of America was found to be the one which could not be "penetrated"! That's how the "cookie crumbles"!

FYI,CIA(also known as Caught In the Act"-USA,FSB & GRU-Russia, DCRI-France and Shin Bet -Israel have technology,using which they can decode(sitting in a van just outside the room) the radiation emitting from our "safe & secure"PCs to decrypt one naked! That's internet safety for you! You have been warned!Securing the PC is serious business and not one to be taken lightly!Peace.
regards,
wywerjet
PS: you wanna know the difference between us both?You are looking from the outside in and i the exact reverse 8) !
To the mod. who has warned me,
It was/is never my intention to do such things! A"White hat" will never cause harm and i am not like as 1.618 said and i quote" For someone who's big on security"unquote! I have been with Linux for more than Six years and the "Guru" thing and all was very way back in my time with Windows,possibly pre-2008! I will never suck up to somebody,just to remain here,but how could you swallow the bait i threw to 1.618 quote"If i were a white hat"unquote? A white hat will neither threaten nor indulge in such nonsense as crashing someone's internet! .When i said"you have been warned",i mentioned it purely as regards and in the context,"internet security and how one has to be careful"!Guess, i was pretty mean lampooned,tarred and feathered!Peace.
Warm regards--wywerjet
wywer

Post by wywer »

wywerjet wrote:
1.618 wrote:
wywerjet wrote: I am a strong advocate of taking hard copies(print outs)and safely and securely storing them! I take 3 copies ,One's in my briefcase,with a 6 digit number lock,the second's in my bank safe deposit box and finally the third is with me( i have a custom-built desktop table with a provision for double locking draws (2),where i keep them.Usually, we remember the important p-w's,especially the "ROOT PASSWORD"! I have 8 email accounts and i don't burden my "thought sphere"by loading them there.Instead, i open the 2 locks of the draw,glance and type off the needed p-w to glory
For someone who's big on security you just made a burglars job pretty easy... you just told the whole world exactly where to find you passwords, hope your windows have strong locks :-)
Dear 1.618,
Actually,life on the net is like a trade-off! If i were a white hat,by now i would have ripped your whole internet to collapse on you,like a card-castle!That's as easy as it gets! In 2005,a survey was conducted as to which banks in USA are vulnerable and which " have strong windows"? Only The Bank Of America was found to be the one which could not be "penetrated"! That's how the "cookie crumbles"!

FYI,CIA(also known as Caught In the Act"-USA,FSB & GRU-Russia, DCRI-France and Shin Bet -Israel have technology,using which they can decode(sitting in a van just outside the room) the radiation emitting from our "safe & secure"PCs to decrypt one naked! That's internet safety for you! You have been warned!Securing the PC is serious business and not one to be taken lightly!Peace.
regards,
wywerjet
PS: you wanna know the difference between us both?You are looking from the outside in and i the exact reverse 8) !
To the mod. who has warned me,
First off,this sub-forum is "open chat"! It was/is never my intention to do such things! A"White hat" will never cause harm and i am not like as 1.618 said and i quote" For someone who's big on security"unquote! I have been with Linux for more than Six years and the "Guru" thing and all was very way back in my time with Windows,possibly pre-2008! I will never suck up to somebody,just to remain here,but how could you swallow the bait i threw to 1.618 quote"If i were a white hat"unquote? A white hat will neither threaten nor indulge in such nonsense as crashing someone's internet! .When i said"you have been warned",i mentioned it purely as regards and in the context,"internet security and how one has to be careful"!Guess, i was pretty mean lampooned,tarred and feathered!Peace.
Warm regards--wywerjet
Linus MacWinfrey

Post by Linus MacWinfrey »

wywerjet wrote:, i was pretty mean lampooned,tarred and feathered!Peace.
Warm regards--wywerjet
@Wywerjet

The New Wizard of Oz!

{A dead dog is never kicked and I had been moderated before myself when trying to point out that cloud-only solutions are ahead of its time as the bulk of global computer users do not even have any internet and we relied upon local sync solutions to keep PIM data synchronised between devices. Has anyone in Seattle, Cupertino or even New York and understanding of the Oz Outback, wildest Africa or South America? Do they know how much mineral exploitation take place in remote places, how many artificially induced populations find themselves in such areas as a result and that there are doctors, paramedics, lawyers, accountants, surveyors, engineers, teachers and other professions at such places? That all need safe, reliable computing even where there may only be 2G signal, if at all? That most of these people use desktop PC's combined with smartphones and that they need to sync data before they venture out to the big cities to do business? My views were most unwelcome by all and sundry until a computer sciences lecturer from an Australian university intervened in support of my views. More perspectives here http://maclindroid.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... #comment-1)

I found ten threats (using ClamAV) this morning, three of which were compiled with Adobe products, such as the Whitepaper on Sony Experia Z3. None of these threats posed any risk to my Linux installation, but it is better not having vagabonds, criminals and derelicts hang about as these could hitch a ride via email and infect others' computers. None of these were actual viruses but rather potentially unwanted applications on the form of Javascript embedded in PDF's.

COMODO still is for Ubuntu 12 and Mint 13 only.

On this note, I wish you a wonderful Chooseday Down Under :mrgreen:
wywer

Re: TOR to Secure Is Linux Online?

Post by wywer »

Dear Linus,
Quote"
I found ten threats (using ClamAV) this morning"Unquote.
Hi there mate,
You found TEN threats? What's happening? It's a given that i am"truly impressed"by your social awareness,your enthusiasm despite the straits(health) you are facing and the Computing knowledge base you have developed over years! Forgive me for asking"have you jumped over to 17.1 LM or not"? Anyway,There is some software which (IMO),should be "purged" from your PC! Harmless or dangerous issues apart,there is a breach somewhere! My little Cuckoo is cooing"has your friend Linus installed NoScript Suite in FF and is the FF -the latest?Kindly post what add-ons you have installed and what web browsers are in place?Waiting! Peace.
regards--wywerjet
r00t

Post by r00t »

wywerjet wrote:.... how could you swallow the bait i threw to 1.618 ....

If that's what it was, baiting someone, then this topic has run it's course. Neither "flame posts" nor "troll baiting" has a place here on the forums.

Locked.

Return to “Open Chat”