Dogs vs. Cats vs. ???

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.

Dogs, Cats, or Others?

Dogs
33%
Cats
58%
Others
9%

Total votes: 43

excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Dogs vs. Cats vs. ???

Post by excollier »

Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! Always dogs.
But I wouldn't like to see a cat come to any harm......our dogs on the other hand.....
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

As a former breeder of Abyssinian cats we still have 15 cats in residence. Does that mean that I can cast 15 votes for cats?

Just to appease Fred Barclay, we have also had many happy experiences with our 2 Whippets - long gone :(
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

kyphi wrote:As a former breeder of Abyssinian cats we still have 15 cats in residence. Does that mean that I can cast 15 votes for cats?
(
Unfortunately not. However, I will allow you to cast 2 votes for dogs--they need your help. The cats are eating them alive. :wink:
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Here are our little darlings, playing nicely.
Insta_Doggy_Fun_01sm.jpg
The black&white one is a friendly young (Indian) "rez dog" who showed up on the front porch a couple of months ago.
He'd never:
- had a collar or leash on (would freeze)
- been in a car (would freeze)
- been in a house (chewed up everything he could reach)
but, apparently being mostly Border Collie, he's a fast learner and soon stopped chewing everything, thinks the leash is a great honor and loves car rides.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
cinnamoncoffee
Level 3
Level 3

Post by cinnamoncoffee »

I didnt like cats in the past, but since ive been owned by one he ordered me to change my preferences :) I love how independent and strong personalities they are. And he is very sensitive and loving. As soon as he notices Im sad he comes to me and starts kneading and purring to comfort me.
I also like rats. They are very intelligent, funny and sensitibe as well.
And of course, we have a dog and I love her :)
And i like all animals in general.
Kernel: 3.16.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.8.2) Desktop: Cinnamon 2.6.13 Distro: Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: X550CA
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Cats and rats? Interesting. ;) I take it that you don't have both at the same time?
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
cinnamoncoffee
Level 3
Level 3

Post by cinnamoncoffee »

Well, actually i did have both rats and a cat at the same time :) And they were friends! The rats used to come to the bars on cage to smell (greet) the cat :))) And he just smelled them, too and didnt try to eat or harm them.
When he was sleeping or lazy i could even let the rats out in the same room. He could tolerate them for a while but sometimes he got excited and i had to catch the rats and place them into safety :)))
Kernel: 3.16.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.8.2) Desktop: Cinnamon 2.6.13 Distro: Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: X550CA
Aveline

Post by Aveline »

I've got three cats, one fat guinea pig and two dogs - and I love them all. Pets rulez :D
Fuzzy Penquin

Post by Fuzzy Penquin »

I like dogs, and grew up with both cats and dogs. But I have to vote Cat. I currently have four cats, all born feral and hand-raised by me. My 3 year old adult was handled from birth and brought inside once his mom weened him (his sisters were given to good homes at 10 weeks). My three kittens (now 6 months old) were found on my doorstep when I got back from my honeymoon. They were three weeks old and abandoned by mom (first-time feral mothers in my colony sometimes do this, I've observed). Three were already dead, and three were going to die sometime within the next 24 hours; they were really bad off and non-responsive to stimulus. Bottle fed every 2 hours around the clock, kept them on a heating pad when not being carried around in my shirt, took to vet every week for meds and checkups, and weened them once their teeth came in. Continued vet visits weekly for many months while we tried to rehab them and fix what was wrong. Most expensive free cats I've ever had, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. They have turned out awesome, and we desided to keep them all because we quickly fell in love with them. D'oh. :lol: The male kitten is my velcro cat, he lives on my shoulder by day, and sleeps on my face at night. He even insists on being in the shower with me (they all like water, amazingly). :shock: There is no such thing as personal space..... :lol:

I had originally tried to find a rescue or foster group who would take in such young kittens, but nobody would. And a shelter would just put them down, so I didn't even bother with that option. So I got stuck trying to save their lives myself. I have no regrets.

The gang:
Baal (as in Baal from Stargate) - female longhair, nicknamed "Termite" because she chews on everything.
Banshee (because he screamed VERY loud non-stop in the beginning; he was extremely sick and in pain) - male shorthair, nicknamed "Sugar Cookie" because he smells like one. No joke. Makes you hungry. He is my velcro cat.
Whisper (because she barely makes a sound when she meows) - female shorthair, nicknamed "Ninja" because she is.
Bear (because he lost his tail to a black bear when 2 weeks old) - adult male shorthair, nicknamed "Fuzzy Evil" (F'Evil for short) because he's kind of a jerk. LOL.
dXTC
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dXTC »

Voted dog. Although I have no problem with cats-- I used to enjoy the "Caturday" threads on Fark.com-- I've never really had one. My wife has a known strong allergy to cats, so we're a dog family by default; we currently have two miniature dachshunds.
dXTC
-----
IT oldie, Linux newbie, and all-around goofy fellow.

Return to “Open Chat”