Cloud Storage

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Habitual

Re: Cloud Storage

Post by Habitual »

All of that can be achieved with a File Manager and a USB.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

+1 for http://www.copy.com

But also a +1 for USB hard drives, if it's critical, I've got more than 1 copy, and one of those has to be on a physical drive for me.
z31fanatic
Level 5
Level 5

Post by z31fanatic »

Habitual wrote:All of that can be achieved with a File Manager and a USB.
Yeah? You have a phone that has a USB input?
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

z31fanatic wrote:
Habitual wrote:All of that can be achieved with a File Manager and a USB.
Yeah? You have a phone that has a USB input?
What's a phone got to do with anything?
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Habitual wrote: I survived Fred surviving the forum outage of 2015.
Oh, man... :lol: Should we start calling ourselves "The Survivors?"
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
z31fanatic
Level 5
Level 5

Post by z31fanatic »

Habitual wrote: What's a phone got to do with anything?
Araph wrote:At the very least, I want one with good sync integration with Linux mint - drop files in a folder, see it appear online. Also an Android app is kind of essential, I like to access my stuff on the go. Bonus points if there's anything like the old OneDrive feature where files aren't synced as such, but placeholders on your local drive reflect the contents of your cloud storage, and are downloaded when you want to use them.
:wink:
mdiemer

Post by mdiemer »

I ditched One Drive and closed my Microsoft accounts when I read their their new privacy policy, which basically says you don't have any. They basically own your data if you put it on One Drive. The only reason I find cloud storage attractive is that it provides another place for your important files, in case your house burns down, or is burglarized. The amount of time I put into my music is incalculable. It would be inconceivable to lose my musical works. So, redundancy is a good idea. But I only need a small amount of space. Box.com is more than enough.
Eraph

Post by Eraph »

z31fanatic wrote:*update*

MS is throwing a bone again at the cheapskates :mrgreen:
OneDrive is offering 15GB of Mirosoft OneDrive Storage with 15GB Camera Roll Bonus for free. Must have a Microsoft account (or sign up for one).

OneDrive will soon reduce free storage to 5GB,
https://preview.onedrive.com/bonus/
I saw this! But I'm still pretty pissed at them. I've gone and invested in my own VPS (100GB server for $8 a month), figured it would be a cool wee project, setting up an OwnCloud on CentOS using nowt but the command line. It's a challenge I can tell you but I'm learning so much about Linux and server administration. I'll also be using it to host my websites and maybe handle emails as well so it'll be my own space for everything.

Return to “Open Chat”