Need some help with a program

Chat about just about anything else

Need some help with a program

Postby Old Marcus on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey guys, I've been experimenting with glade and python together, and have made a program that has launcher buttons for most of the mintTools in one little window. More of a personal project than anything, but I've got a problem. In glade I've created an 'about' box, but I can't work out how to launch it by the menu option. I've googled for python and glade tuts, but the tubes seem to be very lacking in that area, only glade tuts are with C and C++, except for one which covers the basics.

Other than that the program is pretty much done. I thought I'd distribute the program, partly so someone can have a look at it and help me find a solution, but also so you can rate it. It's a tad useless, more of a 'hello world!' program than anything, but tell me what you think anyway. :) If I get better, I may make some better programs in the future...

P.S. The unoriginal naming convention is more of a working title than anything. :P
Attachments
mintTools.tar.gz
(8.75 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Linux Mint 8 RC1 = Nice
'apt install' can be used on Linux Mint as a shortcut for 'sudo apt-get install'. 'apt x' can be used for various other apt commands as well.
When a problem is solved, please add [SOLVED] to your thread title.
Old Marcus
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Need some help with a program

Postby Husse on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Study mintMenu
That's python and glade
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Open chat