New to Mint

Chat about just about anything else

New to Mint

Postby tabrown05 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Colour me impressed!!

I have just recently discovered a sweet little gem that goes by the name of Linux Mint

Now this isn't my first distribution by any means, started out with Storm Linux around 1998 and have progressively tried what feels like every other one under the sun.

I come from a long usage from Mandrake and most recently PCLinuxOS, what I liked about both of those was the completeness that I felt they offered along with the drak tools that are very valuable to an end user.

I only stumbled upon Linux Mint because I was really wanting to give KDE 4.2 a solid place on my desktop, I am an avid KDE fan and really like the usability level of 4.2 and the shear slickness of it.

That being said I have yet to find a distribution that not only includes it but does it justice, I read a post in another forum that gave Mint a rave review so I figured why not give it a go.

I have seen the rankings steadily go up over at Distrowatch over a period of time so the Mint name wasn't foreign to me.

I am very very surprised at how much more complete Mint feels to me even over some of the probably more financially subsidised offerings.

Its the little touches that really make it feel complete and very easy to use when all you want to do is get work done.

I applaud the developers and offer to you another devotee, I hope to continue using Mint for a very long time to come.

Thank you
tabrown05
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: New to Mint

Postby Husse on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:14 am

Thank you
:oops:
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby humptydumpty on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Yep, it's a really great distro - I have been using Mint since it first appeared and although I try most "interesting" distros on a spare PC, Mint has never let me down and is used as my main OS. :D

Humpers of the Egg Variety.
humptydumpty
Level 1
Level 1

Postby GrayWizardLinux on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Yes! Clem and the crew have done an amazaingly awesome freakin' job! I am a mac dude and will always be - but the thinkpad that i bought just for linux runs Mint exclusively. Has from the start! Welcome! :)
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Open chat