THE MINT HOUSE

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello Ken,
Yes I am going away on a long vacation, probably lasting until late September.
I'm not sure if I will have Internet access, but I will try to keep in touch with my good friends; maybe through an Internet Cafe.

Freeland has payed 2,000 dollars to your Minister of Economics. But anything can happen nowadays with so many corrupt government officials. :lol:
For the supply of your President's Harem, we sent twenty pretty maidens
already. :lol:

Have a nice, happy summer,

Your friend, Blogger
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

BON VOYAGE and have a happy vacation Blogger!
Hope you can stay in communication.
"_ _ ... ... _ _ "
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

kenetics wrote:BON VOYAGE and have a happy vacation Blogger!
Hope you can stay in communication.
"_ _ ... ... _ _ "
73 Ken, TNX
"_._. __._ _.. .
... ..._ ..___ ._ _.. _.._ /_ _ ... ... _ _
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Gracias Blogger ;
Y para los que NO tengan vacaciones tambien FELIZ Y CALUROSO VERANO (que somos muchos) :wink:
Un saludo a todos.
Agust

PD:Blogger gracias por el mensaje que me enviaste
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

So Blogger, where is it off to this time? Mountain climbing in the Himalayas, big game hunting in Africa or exploring the upper reaches of the Amazon? :D
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Gracias mucho Agust.
Espero que usted tenga un verano agradable también.

Tu amigo, blogger
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

kenetics wrote:So Blogger, where is it off to this time? Mountain climbing in the Himalayas, big game hunting in Africa or exploring the upper reaches of the Amazon? :D
Well Ken,
Since I need the exercise, and having had enough of hot weather here,
I decided to do some mountain climbing in the Himalayas. :)
But I plan to do an exploration of the upper, unexplored areas of the Amazon as well, where Col. Fawcet had attempted to discover a lost city, deep in the jungle, in 1927.

I hope I will be successful and return safely. The poor colonel never made it back, he lost his head. :lol:

Cheers, Blogger
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

I was hoping you would bring back a lion's head or some ivory tusks for the Mint House. Instead, maybe you could bring back some shrunken heads (as long as it's not your own!). But in any case, have a good trip and keep safe! Myself, I will be off to the Klondike in search of gold in a little bit.

PS. I know the name of a good Sherpa guide if you need one.
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Good morning Ken,
The Ministry of Tourism of the Amazon Republic has been kind enough to supply brochures, maps and other informative material.
They also advertise a good variety of shrunken heads, as you can see below.
Please let me know which one in particular is your preference; I will wrap it up and send it to you by UPS. :)
http://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrai ... _heads.jpg

I was hoping they might have knowledge of the where-abouts of Col. Fawcet's head. That will be one of the objects of my exploration.

As for the Himalayas, I would appreciate if you could ask your Sherpa guide in Tampa, to get in touch with me as soon as possible, sending his credentials for evaluation.
My scientific object of interest there is the tribe of Aborigenes that were found buried under the Great Glacier in the area of Machu Piccu
in Tibet.
It is said that the bodies are amazingly well preserved and they have all of their teeth ; some dental work, it seems, was done to them in life, by unknown to us techniques, So, we may learn a great deal about their medical achievements.

To sum it all up, these two expeditions will be the most important ventures that I have undertaken in my whole carrier as an explorer. Indiana Jones agrees to follow me in the next adventure.
I mentioned your name and suggested that you should be invited for our new exploration in September.
Dr. Jones will be glad to have you in our group, since he claims to have heard of your expeditions in Alaska; some of your gold would facilitate matters and be the solution to our financial difficulties, he says. :)

When I return in September, I will give you a full report on the outcome of the present venture. ( I will leave orders to have my shrunken head sent to you in case of my failure to return in person )

Regards, your friend , Blogger
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hola Agust,
No me olvidaré de enviarle una postal de mis expediciones en el Amazon. :)
Los indios allí hablan español muy bueno también.

Tu amigo, Blogger
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

CELENA COMING SOON

AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

very nice child :lol: :lol:
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Here's her picture Phil,
Ain't she a beauty? :lol: HE.HE, HE, JE, JE, JE OU! LALA!

blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

SORRY,
There was a serious mix-up at the obstetrician's office!
The nurse gave us the Ultrasound of a gorilla mother-to-be. :lol: HE HE HE!
They promised to make amends though.
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

blogger wrote:Hola Agust,

Tu amigo, Blogger
Hola Blogger gracias;
Una sugerencia no les digas a los indios del amazonas que me conoces jajajajajaja :wink: :wink:
Sobre el estado de Celena que cosa massssssss bonita.
Un saludo de tu amigo,
Agust
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

verdegal37 wrote:
blogger wrote:Hola Agust,

Tu amigo, Blogger
Hola Blogger gracias;
Una sugerencia no les digas a los indios del amazonas que me conoces jajajajajaja :wink: :wink:
Sobre el estado de Celena que cosa massssssss bonita.
Un saludo de tu amigo,
Agust
Entiendo Agust.
Desean para su cabeza también ? :lol:
Me preguntaron una vez acerca del tamaño de mi cabeza. Gente extraña, los indios. JeJeJe :lol:
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

This afternoon, while getting my gear ready for the Amazon expedition,
I revamped and tuned up my shortwave radio.
Here is the message I got in code:
CQ CQ CQ DE DR INDI. CQ CQ CQ DE CALLING CQ.......
But I'd better translate:
"Dr. Indiana calling. STOP
Just did an investigation on Dr. Phil Alsa. STOP Decided to extend my invitation to him for the September expedition.STOP
I understand that he is well-traveled and speaks quite a few dialects.STOP Also that he is an expert in Geneologosexology. STOP
He will, therefore, be a precious addition to our group.Stop
PS.Please convey my regards to him and ask him to let us know if he accepts. STOP Will he honor us with his presence? STOP?"

PS I understand that Mr. verdegal37 may be a very useful person to join the expedition to the Amazon, since he has a good knowledge of the tribal languages.
We consider him an indispensable addition, and we send him an invitation also.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Oh oh! It's a great honour, my friends. For sure I accept!
Really I am not a noob in travelling. Some of my friends describe me as a geek in luggage building!
I go back to my Linux Mint OS to prepare (thanks OOo) my checklist for this expedition :wink:

Dr. Phil

Geneologosexology need several dummies! Don't forget the professional casting! :lol: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE (a :wink: to all the UK sport fans)
Last edited by AlsaPhil on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Please be careful Blogger, we don't want you coming back looking like this!

Btw, the Sherpa is Wladyslaw Kozakiewicz. I will put him in touch with you.

p.s. My doctor gave me the following advice and I will pass it along to you:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming : Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Fawcett's last expedition
Quote Wikipedia:
In 1925 Fawcett took his older son Jack with him to look for a lost city he had named "Z". Fawcett had studied ancient legends and historical records and become convinced that there was a lost city somewhere in the Mato Grosso region. He also left a note that if they did not return, no one should send a rescue expedition to try to find them, or they might suffer their fate.

Note: This is a real story. I suggest that you find and read the book.

Wikipedia on Fawcett:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Fawcett
Part of the book:
http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/fawcett.htm
Interesting site:
http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/ves.htm

As I said before, my plans are to organize an exploration in the upper Amazon, following Col. Fawcett's tracks.
But now I realize that this may have to wait until the second expedition, when we will be a larger party. No sense in taking any chances by myself; especially after seeing what happened to the head of the fellow in the picture above. :)

So, the expedition in September will consist of Dr. Kenetics, Geography professor, Dr. Indiana Jones, a known explorer, Dr. Phil Alsa, the famous Geneologosexology professor, agent Verdegal37 (secret agent), and myself.
The mission will be open to other guests who may want to join. Please send in your application by July 4TH.

Thank you, Blogger

Return to “Open Chat”