THE MINT HOUSE

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hola Agust,

No creo todo que estos salvajes digan.
Esta gente indígena se parece ser encomiable. No podemos no hacer caso de todo el oro que ella tiene. Además, las vacas y las cabras que ella ofrece a transporte del aire de la necesidad. No hay aeropuertos oye y éste significa que debemos transportarlo por tierra a través de la selva. Esto es muy peligroso.
Hay leopardos y leones. No pienso que este tipo de transporte es muy seguro.
No se preocupe de Celena. Le la enviaré personalmente.
Saludos de las hijas del jefe, los 13 de ellas.
Su amigo, Blogger_live :)

PS Me pregunto si Clem desea negociar en vacas y cabras.
El jefe agregará como prima una de sus hijas más bonitas! :)
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Blogger, me thinks you are spending too much time with the chief's daughters. Remember, if you smile at one she can claim you as a husband!

Btw, I didn't know there were lions in South America. :)
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

kenetics wrote:Blogger,

Btw, I didn't know there were lions in South America. :)
Hello Ken,
The lions in the Amazon jungle have been brought over from America in order to create an ecological balance.
The population is growing extremely fast here. :)

Greetings,
Blogger_still live
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Hola Blogger , leones, leopardos ufff cuanto peligro , estas hecho un Indiana Jones jajajajaja :wink:
Cuidate tu amigo;
Agust
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hola Agust,
Afortunadamente, el Dr. Jones acompañará a nuestra expedición al Amazon superior en septiembre. También le incluyen en la lista para esta exploración. Así pues, consiga sus armas de la caza listas luchar las tribus de la cabeza del encogimiento.

Saludos, Su amigo,
Blogger_Live
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello fellow Minties and guests,
The chief of the Watumbi tribe sends his greetings! His 13 daughters also extend their love to all of you.
Anyone interested in a young bride ( their names are now ADA, BEA, BIANCA, CASSANDRA and CELENA Beta), please contact Blogger_LIVE:
PO Box 1923 Lower Amazon, Watumbi Tribe.

The chief's favorite daughter is Cassandra_Gnome.
She's the best choice for the inexperienced brave. Very easy to handle and full of goodies and yummies. :)
Once you get to know her, you will never change your mind, the chief says.
She is supplied with lots of SoftWear, the latest that LinuxFassion has to offer.
Saludos from the Chief,

CASSANDRA (RECENTLY ADOPTED BY THE CHIEF)

Blogger, (promoted)
Ambassador of Watumbi LA, (Lower Amazon)
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello fellow Mint adventurers,

It is unbelievable, but a young brave from the BUBUNTU tribe brought to me a picture he had found in the jungle!
It happens to be the last photograph of Colonel Percy Fawcett, the great Amazon explorer! :)
For adventure stories, and the interesting biography of Col.Fawcett see the links below.

http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/fawcett.htm
http://www.fawcettsamazonia.co.uk/program.htm
http://home.earthlink.net/~larryorcutt/fawcett.html
http://www.pubs.asce.org/ceonline/0101feat.html

Blogger_Live,
Reporting
Last edited by blogger on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Hola Blogger , interesante la bibiografia la del señor Fawcett.
Cuidadoooooooooooo con la tribu del Brasil " Kalapalos " :lol:
Un saludo al mejor reportero de noticias que tenemos :wink:
Agust
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Gracias por su buen consejo, Agust.
Yo tendrá muy cuidado con el Kalapalos.
Saludos,
su amigo,
Blogger_LIVE
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello adventure lovers,

Here is a web site that is a treasure chest for lovers of mystery.
Fiction and fantasy have always attracted the young and the old.
And the need for a trip to 'un-reality' is sometimes what people need to relax and get away from this harsh world of ours.

So have fun going through this interesting site.
http://www.unmuseum.org/
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello fellow Minties and guests,
As I recall, someone commented, a few months ago, that Linux Mint would not be here long.
The prediction was that it would not survive beyond the month of August. The warning was: "Don't get addicted to Mint, it will soon die!"
Knock on wood! :)
August with extreme hot weather and big, mutated, fat flies is here!
And so is Linux Mint! :)

More and more Mint surprises are in store, with a great community working together to enrich this great distribution with innovations that
help make this a really user-orientated Linux OS.
A big bravo to all the people who are working tirelessly to give us an ideal Linux distribution.

Cheers
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Glad to see you are still around. I thought you had been eaten by lions!:wink:
Are the chief's daughters treating you alright? Any sign of Col. Fawcett?

Btw, that was a good website you mentioned, http://www.unmuseum.org/. Lots of good avaition stuff.

Ken
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello Ken,
I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by a bunch of lovely native maidens. :) ( You should have joined the expedition. You are missing so much fun :) )
They are pleasant and eager to serve, cooking tasty meals with all kinds of jungle delicacies. Green Beetle soup is one of my favorites. And Anaconda steak is delicious, and it only costs $1.00 a pound.
In spite of the poor National Budget, the chief is very generous and a good spender. So every Saturday night, he gives a big party for the expedition team; with eating, drinking and hoola dancing and Loco-weed smoking.

Natives from nearby villages visit us often, showing us all kinds of articles found in the Jungle, claiming that they used to belong to Col. Fawcett. The word was spread among the Amazon tribes that the expedition is buying anything that belonged to the colonel.
A tobacco pouch and a pipe among other articles seem to be some evidence that the great explorer had stopped in the region.

Some young brave offered colonel 'Fawcett's shrunken head in exchange for one of the chiefs daughters. :lol:
But the chief was wise enough to know that this merchandise was counterfeit. (It most likely was a monkey's head) :)
It was wearing a pair of Air Force sun glasses too. :lol:

Did colonel Fawcett ever serve in the Air Force? I wonder.
Anyway, the story of Col. Percy Fawcett is well known here. I just hope that some day our expedition will find his famous diary. :D
http://www.phfawcettsweb.org/

Greetings from CELENA'S Mother

Your friend Blogger_Alive
Last edited by blogger on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello lovers of mystery.
If you have a searching mind and are interested in mysterious theories,
here is some fascinating reading. :)

http://www.phfawcettsweb.org/hollow.htm
http://www.crystalinks.com/hollowearth.html
http://www.crystalinks.com/shambhala.html

Greetings, Blogger
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

August 21.2007

Today, three men of the Curacáos tribe visited our camp bringing 12 meters of Anaconda meat. They said that the rest of it was eaten up by the piranhas in the jungle river. They wanted to trade, asking for our cook's head.
We could not afford to lose our only good cook. So we agreed to trade with a pair of binoculars.
They also asked for some softwear.
We saved the cook, got 12 meters of meat, and lost a pair of binoculars. As for the softwear, they got one dozen of Linux Mint Bianca CDs with the Bianca Zen picture.

The 12 meters of Anaconda meat were consumed in a banquet where all the natives had a feast; delicious, they said.

The daughters of the chief put up a very nice show; dancing and singing the tribe's mating songs. And all the young braves were there to pick their favorite maiden.

The chief , by the way, asked me to make a generous offer to all Mint fans. He will give 21 cows and 53 goats, plus an air-conditioned, two story hut, to any pale-face brave who will take his oldest daughter for a bride. As an extra bonus he offers a free one-year ADSL subscribtion.

This offer is valid only until September 30,09.
So hurry and don't miss out on this. It's the offer of the year , the chief says.

Greetings,
Blogger_alive
Last edited by blogger on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Please post picture of the Chief's daughter!
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

kenetics wrote:Please post picture of the Chief's daughter!
Hello Ken,
Here is the picture of the maiden in question. Please hurry since there is only one item of this kind left. :)

Blogger_Alive

Quality guarantied by Amazon Silhouette Studios
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Don't have enough Stoli for that!
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Blogger, since you are the master of many tongues, what language are you using to communicate with the natives? Also, have you seen any of the fabled Amazon women? I am told they are pretty ferocious! :D

You are doing such a good job promoting Mint among the natives, I feel that Clem should bestow a knighthood on you, upon your return. :D
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

kenetics wrote:Blogger, since you are the master of many tongues, what language are you using to communicate with the natives? Also, have you seen any of the fabled Amazon women? I am told they are pretty ferocious! :D

You are doing such a good job promoting Mint among the natives, I feel that Clem should bestow a knighthood on you, upon your return. :D
Hello Ken,
English has failed the test among the native tribes. :?
On the other hand, Esperanto seems to have won first place. This amazing language, together with a bit of a native sign language, have been a very effective means of communication.

And when it comes to females, they have an amazing ability to employ a very effective body language. :)

So far, we haven't had any encounters with the Amazons, the very attractive ferocious females.
The Chief says that their mating season is late in October. :)
But I don't know whether they have any preference for pale-faces like us. :(

Mint is already established here; today, I downloaded and installed Cassandra MiniKDE in the Chief's laptop.
He is so happy that he wishes to become a sponsor of Linux Mint. :)
Would Clem accept cash (gold beads) or maybe the Chief's precious collection of M$ shrunken heads?, he asks :lol:

There is a general need here for an Internet Cafe; would you be interested
in going into business with me? We will have exclusive rights in the whole region, and will start a chain business in the jungle. :lol:
A large investment of money and equipment is a must, of course. And the expected returns are hopefully very good.
We will trade only in gold. of course.

Erosso optime,
Your friend, Blogger_still_Alive

Return to “Open Chat”