THE MINT HOUSE

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
richyrich

Re: THE MINT HOUSE

Post by richyrich »

Yes, I had a bootleg original for many a year. A 1600x1200 copy of it is linked below . . 8)

Found a healthy Irish addition for the Mint House . . where's the Gardener ? :mrgreen:

Irish blessing added by me . . :oops:
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Cool, Richyrich
Fresh Air.jpg
. :lol:
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

What's happening at the Mint House? This place sure needs a good dusting!

Are we having an Easter egg hunt this year?
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

You're right Ken,
the place has been abandoned by all the ghosts. Some of them have moved to an island called Cyprus, they tell me.
But anyway, we will start a spring cleaning session on April fools' day.
As for the Easter egg hunting, no dice; no eggs left in the chicken coop. Even the chickens are gone. There's not even some chicken feed left either, so what could one expect the poor birds to do.
What's worse, the Count may lose his property because of his tremendous budget deficit.He is being evicted right now.
No bank will loan him any money any more.
But, I hear he has his money stashed away somewhere in a Swiss bank; he's a pretty shrewd fellow this count.

Happy Easter!
npap live, reporting from the Mint House.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: THE MINT HOUSE AT PRESENT

Post by npap »

The Mint House can be barely seen on the top left corner of the picture, on the hill :)
Only a few lights can be seen, of course. The place has been abandoned by the Count who has run away hiding somewhere
to avoid an arrest for his tremendously high debts. :(
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

The Mint story

MINT IS MY CHOICE, HERE IS WHY.

Why did I finally choose Mint after trying a number of Linux distributions? What is it that attracted me to it?

First, I liked the human, buddy approach of the developer. He answered questions himself, making each newcomer to feel that he belongs.
He seems to have an understanding of human nature, which is a great asset. And the success or failure of any project depends greatly on good human relations.
For example, Ubuntu has won the love and admiration of surprising numbers because of the 'humanity to all' philosophy.

But let us talk about Mint.
Having read many reviews and articles by Clement Lefebvre on various Linux distributions, I arrived to the conclusion that his experience would guarantee a successful Linux project. http://www.linuxforums.org/bio/author/Clement+Lefebvre/
And Mr. Lefebvre proved this by creating Linux Mint.
But what made Mint clime up the ladder so fast is the fact that it was the collective work of many members.
The human need to belong and be useful turned out to be an asset here. Everybody was eager to contribute and offer his skills.
This fact and the open-mindedness of the developer to freely accept suggestions proved to be a major reason for the success of Linux Mint. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intervie ... 2754.shtml

Thus, many innovations were added. And the inventiveness of the developer seemed to be very rich in new ideas that would make this distribution more user-friendly./color]
The out-of-the box functionality is of great help to new Linux converts. I see that other distributions are imitating this approach to attract newcomers to Linux.

I have installed and am using both Linux Mint 2.2 Bianca Gnome and the KDE version of it.
They are both very attractive, impressive and very functional.
And I am anxiously waiting for the next distribution called Cassandra. I am sure that the developer will give us some more goodies.

In following the various topics and discussions in the Forums, I have noticed an eagerness on the part of most members to welcome and help newcomers. Some new members have actually emphasized the fact that what attracted them to Mint was the friendly approach of many Forum members.

Unfortunately, some have expressed complaints,instead.
I noticed that 'scare tactics' have driven away prospective members. There always are annoying individuals in a forum. Some of them do it intentionally, and others out of plain lack of knowledge. But, by all means, they should not be considered stupid.
One must be able to save even somebody who looks like a lost cause.
But this takes consideration, patience and an understanding of human nature.
Every newcomer is always a useful addition to the community. Who knows? He might turn out to be precious.

In conclusion, It is not what a distribution offers in terms of software; it is the ambiance and the human approach that make it attractive.

Of course you can't win them all.

Greetings, the Blogger
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

THIS IS THE STORY OF MINT
IT SHOULD BE VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES, I THINK

The creator of the page,
npap( member since 2006)
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

npap wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 am THIS IS THE STORY OF MINT
IT SHOULD BE VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES, I THINK

The creator of the page,
npap( member since 2006)
Yes! This was the beginning of Mint success. A lot of fun communicating with a small group.
Even the boss was enjoying the party.
npap

Return to “Open Chat”