UK Monitoring (From Newsletter)

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

UK Monitoring (From Newsletter)

Post by lakehousetech »

I was having an enjoyable read through the latest Linux Mint newsletter when I took a read through this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8020039.stm

Very interesting stuff, and should bring up a lot of privacy issues. I don't think this type of watchdog activity is necessarily a bad thing, but it's still a critical issue. I guess we'll see how the government approaches it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: UK Monitoring (From Newsletter)

Post by Husse »

This is happening all over the planet now....
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

I don't think this type of watchdog activity is necessarily a bad thing, but it's still a critical issue.
The real critical issue is how far will we all allow big governments and the "new world order" to go in controlling our freedoms and liberties, all in the name of security???? Once a right, freedom or liberty has been lost, its almost impossible to ever get it back! We need to wake up each other worldwide and stand up for what rights we have left and see what can be done about restoring what has already been taken from us.

I was woken up two years ago or so. Choosing to take the red pill instead of the blue pill is hard, but its the only way to find out about the truth of whats going on. Research deeper for yourself........ Learn more....... You will see.
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Quote from the article:
Ministers say they estimate the project will cost £2bn to set up, which includes some compensation to the communications industry for the work it may be asked to do.
Its very sad governments can always find money to find new ways to control us all, but they can never find the money to feed everyone that is hungry, or needs a place to stay, or is sick or dying, etc........

My opinion after two years of on and off again research:
9/11 was an inside job and so were a few others across the world....
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Husse wrote:This is happening all over the planet now....
Yes I imagine your on to something. I've heard news of cases over here in the US, but haven't been keeping track of any legislation elsewhere.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Sweden, Germany, France (there's more going on there) and general EU regulations is what I can think of without thinkng too much :)
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Husse wrote:Sweden, Germany, France (there's more going on there) and general EU regulations is what I can think of without thinkng too much :)
Not to get off the subject, but you live in Sweden correct? I've been keeping an eye out for Saab. I'm hoping they can be purchased soon. I know that the Swedish government won't put a cent out for it, but there have been some interested parties elsewhere. I'm hoping Fiat at least takes a look. Although GM bought them when they were doing poor, I think they made it worse in the long run.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Although GM bought them when they were doing poor, I think they made it worse in the long run.
Unfortunately yes
And Sweden is probably the country in the world that is most depending on the automotive industry
Saab, Volvo (owned by Ford), Volvo trucks (the second or first largest truck manufacturer in the world) and Scania (the third largest truck manufacturer in the world)
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Husse wrote:
Although GM bought them when they were doing poor, I think they made it worse in the long run.
Unfortunately yes
And Sweden is probably the country in the world that is most depending on the automotive industry
Saab, Volvo (owned by Ford), Volvo trucks (the second or first largest truck manufacturer in the world) and Scania (the third largest truck manufacturer in the world)
Ford's stock has been slowly rising, and things are looking better for them. They were talking about selling it to some Chinese company, but they would be foolish to make such a move. I think if they hold on to it they can still stay afloat. Saab on the other hand really has an uncertain future. These brands have such a rich history/legacy. Let's hope they can survive and prosper once again.
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

Totally agree. I also believe that Bush and Obama are Green shapeshifting lizards from Venus.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Old Marcus wrote:
Totally agree. I also believe that Bush and Obama are Green shapeshifting lizards from Venus.
I'm fairly certain Bush is a regular, rather dumb human.

Return to “Open Chat”