asus and the antilinux marketing

Chat about just about anything else

asus and the antilinux marketing

Postby mitsuzero on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:22 am

i see this on OSnews
http://www.osnews.com/story/21589/Asus_Microsoft_Launch_Anti-Linux_Netbook_Campaign
hmmmm, how much, microsucks pay to asus to take "advantage", but the people is conformist....
OSNews wrote: "Windows helps you easily get online and connect to your devices and services - without dealing with an unfamiliar environment or major compatiblity issues." Mind that the emphasis is theirs, not ours. Here's the teeth-grindingly cheesy video that's part of the campaign.

its only rofling or Death LOL because we know the true matrix and go out of there...... Unfamiliar enviroment ..... i think 10 or more years is totally diferent, but now in this time, is more good to work in linux,,,
i only in the ciber coffee two people when don see the msn messenger get stuck but other dont know they are work in linux.....
hmmmm what do you think!?
Fortunes diaries Pick >>> "You have an ability to sense and know
higher truth."
||| monkey based system |||
mitsuzero
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: asus and the antilinux marketing

Postby emorrp1 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:24 am

while I agree that the slur is undeserving of linux, they are technically correct. Linux does have an "unfamiliar environment" to most windows users (though mint is pretty close), everyone has to deal with repos. Note that in this case unfamiliar is obviously better :) but it's still unfamiliar. Also, not being able to run photoshop or M$ office could be considered major compatability issues. We all know that's a load of BS, but it's a valid interpretation.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Re: asus and the antilinux marketing

Postby mitsuzero on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

not yet, but is good alternative(my wife is more taken it , to design, photoshop almost in forget things can )the gimp.
but, i know, we are in a common enviroment, we have "windows" but obviusly, the work what i do is the same but with diferent tools,we save the planet and survive out of the matrix(LOL)
Fortunes diaries Pick >>> "You have an ability to sense and know
higher truth."
||| monkey based system |||
mitsuzero
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Open chat