Google Wave

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
emorrp1

Google Wave

Post by emorrp1 »

Wow, that's all can I say. Just saw some highlights from LH: http://lifehacker.com/5285944/the-googl ... light-reel
It looks amazing, I'm gonna try it out as soon as possible. What I like most about it is how open they are: It'll be open-source and extensible (meaning lots of integration with existing services/protocols), as well as being able to examine their algorithms, e.g. the spell checker. Hopefully they'll address some obvious security issues before release, but I think people's personal privacy ideas are changing anyway: the anonymous poster is disappearing, and people seem to happy posting info on social networking sites like facebook.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
timh
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Google Wave

Post by timh »

The spell checker is awesome - it's a Must-Have for me :wink:
is Wave now open for testing?
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

timh wrote:is Wave now open for testing?
It's an invite-only alpha product at the moment, with not all features implemented, but it's google, so they're likely to have a beta release open to public, hints are this autumn.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

tdapple wrote:They are hoping the community hacks email in there.
Actually it seems they're reluctant to introduce email integration until they can be sure they can somehow control the spam (in a real-time system this matters!).
iamloddy

Post by iamloddy »

I just got my Wave invite this morning, I've sent a wave out to a friend, made example waves using the Yes/No/Maybe API which looks really useful for polls and event planning, wish I could have dished my wedding invites that way!

Anyway, hopefully it won't be too long before it's all up and running, all this fuss about Wave reminds me of when I got in on the Gmail preview.
Fluxx

Post by Fluxx »

*Perhaps* the Linux Mint teams could ask for an invite and promise to report bugs...developers, those working on the mag (if that's still happening) anyone doing documentation.

It could actually help improve communication and productivity, methinks.

Return to “Open Chat”