Quintuple booting

Chat about just about anything else

Quintuple booting

Postby lexon on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:35 pm

No problem. :roll: :roll:

lexon
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit.
lexon
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Quintuple booting

Postby Fred on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 pm

lexon,

lol... You are a little short on hard drives aren't you? :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby DrHu on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 pm

DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Postby lexon on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:01 pm

About four years ago or so I found drives on sale. The best was a 80gb drive at a chain store in my area that had them for about thirty dollars. They did not have the brand advertised but sold me a different brand, cut a few dollars off, and I had a newspaper coupon also. Ended up paying $16.95, plus sales tax. None cost over $50.00 US funds. Two came with two desktops.
I have one 20gb, two 30gb, three 80gb, plus an external 80gb drive. Also, the external is only powered up when backing up data. I use the KISS principle. A key unlocks and locks the drive.
When I started with Lindows over five years ago, I did a lot of forum reading and vowed, never to mess with multi-booting. No multi-boot heartburn ever. My way.

lexon
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit.
lexon
Level 5
Level 5

Postby DrHu on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:42 pm

lexon wrote:When I started with Lindows over five years ago, I did a lot of forum reading and vowed, never to mess with multi-booting. No multi-boot heartburn ever. My way.

I am guessing, since your drives aren't racked, that you swap in each drive to boot the foreign OS (whichever that is..)

I used to do that, but I got fed up swapping in hard drives to boot the other OS, whichever I had installed onto various drive(s), now I just use Linux, and if I need another OS
--I just use virtualbox (since I don't need an OS for games) and have at it..

And yes it did eliminate any concerns about multibooting an OS, since it was a single OS drive swap and boot sequence..
--plus the multitude of hard drives sitting around inside drive cases
DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Return to Open chat