Quintuple booting

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lexon

Quintuple booting

Post by lexon »

No problem. :roll: :roll:

lexon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: Quintuple booting

Post by Fred »

lexon,

lol... You are a little short on hard drives aren't you? :-)

Fred
lexon

Post by lexon »

About four years ago or so I found drives on sale. The best was a 80gb drive at a chain store in my area that had them for about thirty dollars. They did not have the brand advertised but sold me a different brand, cut a few dollars off, and I had a newspaper coupon also. Ended up paying $16.95, plus sales tax. None cost over $50.00 US funds. Two came with two desktops.
I have one 20gb, two 30gb, three 80gb, plus an external 80gb drive. Also, the external is only powered up when backing up data. I use the KISS principle. A key unlocks and locks the drive.
When I started with Lindows over five years ago, I did a lot of forum reading and vowed, never to mess with multi-booting. No multi-boot heartburn ever. My way.

lexon
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

lexon wrote:When I started with Lindows over five years ago, I did a lot of forum reading and vowed, never to mess with multi-booting. No multi-boot heartburn ever. My way.
I am guessing, since your drives aren't racked, that you swap in each drive to boot the foreign OS (whichever that is..)

I used to do that, but I got fed up swapping in hard drives to boot the other OS, whichever I had installed onto various drive(s), now I just use Linux, and if I need another OS
--I just use virtualbox (since I don't need an OS for games) and have at it..

And yes it did eliminate any concerns about multibooting an OS, since it was a single OS drive swap and boot sequence..
--plus the multitude of hard drives sitting around inside drive cases

Return to “Open Chat”