Welcome to Mint!

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
BrenR

Re: Welcome to Mint!

Post by BrenR »

I'm Bren. I recently installed Mint 8 and quite like it. I'm new here, but have playing with Linux since 2002. I started out with Red Hat 8, have tried out lots of distros, but find myself liking the more "user friendly" ones, like Mint. I have to admit I'm not a fan of Ubuntu, and even though Mint is Ubuntu based, it seems to work for me. I also use a couple other Linux distros, along with a couple MS OS'es.
Nice to be here.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome Bren.

I hope you enjoy your time with Helena.
tower

Post by tower »

Hi, Bren, welcome to Mint, interesting comment on Ubuntu and one I hear a lot.
Some folks just just seem not to get on with Ubuntu but they do with Mint
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Welcome! Mint is an exceptional linux distro. A super great forum too!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
breley

Post by breley »

Hi Bren, welcome to Mint!

@tower: Thanks for the welcome. Yes, Corel Linux had the Wordperfect Office that seemed really nice at the time.
libssd
Level 4
Level 4

Post by libssd »

This seems like an appropriate thread to ask this question. I just received an e-mail from Linuxquestions.org:
...In the spirit of helping other LQ members and based on feedback from previous efforts, we're making the "Zero Reply Drive" a quarterly event here at LQ. The latest LQZRD started at noon on July 14th and will run for 96 hours. During that time, I invite everyone to click http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... =noreplies and attempt to answer as many questions as they can....
Is there a comparable "zero reply" search function for this forum? Is there a similar tradition of a "Zero Reply Drive"? Sounds like a great idea.

Return to “Open Chat”