"Learn what your browsing history reveals"

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

"Learn what your browsing history reveals"

Post by linuxviolin »

Found on the web:

What the Internet knows about you

This page checks your browser history and determines which of the 5000 most popular Internet websites you’ve recently visited. (there are also other tests) For more details, read All Your Browsing History Are Belong to Us.

..................... :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
richyrich

Re: "Learn what your browsing history reveals"

Post by richyrich »

I've been looking back at your previous posts . . . why so negative ?

Do you ever have anything good to say ? :?
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

richyrich wrote:I've been looking back at your previous posts . . . why so negative ?

Do you ever have anything good to say ? :?
Well, how my post here is negative? :roll: When I came across this site I thought these tests might be useful, entertaining, or other as you like, it might interest some people... Sometimes, people are negligent :mrgreen:

But to answer your question, it is true that I'm sad about what is happening in the IT, what becomes Linux, the way it takes, ditto for some open source projects etc...
Last edited by linuxviolin on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I've been learning the Fluxbox desktop environment . . sometimes ready to pull my hair out ! :shock: but I still get that sense of accomplishment when things go right. :)
Tried the new Beta2 release of PCLinuxOS, what a nice distro, I'm still partial to Debian based distros, but this one is nice enough to recommend to a client.
Looking forward to the Beta release of Crunchbang Xfce, will be trying that one out.

richy :)
FedoraRefugee

Post by FedoraRefugee »

richyrich wrote:I've been learning the Fluxbox desktop environment . . sometimes ready to pull my hair out ! :shock: but I still get that sense of accomplishment when things go right. :)
Tried the new Beta2 release of PCLinuxOS, what a nice distro, I'm still partial to Debian based distros, but this one is nice enough to recommend to a client.
Looking forward to the Beta release of Crunchbang Xfce, will be trying that one out.

richy :)
Good response! :D

I dig what you are saying. But sometimes it is good to be negative also. Linux was a lot funner 10 years ago. There was a time 4 years ago when EVERY distro was awesome, I was burning ISOs as fast as they were being released. My vmware was running overtime. Things have changed... :cry:

But...That does not mean it is all bad! :D Mint 8 Xfce is the best distro I have ever used in the respect that it is polished, simple, and ready for anyone.

Give Linuxviolin a break, he is not a troll and he makes many good points. It gets old to hear all the Linux cheerleaders all the time too, a little perspective is never a bad thing.

As far as the topic goes, just delete your cookies! <shrugs>

And enable private browsing too if you are concerned. There is always Tor...
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

FedoraRefugee wrote:It gets old to hear all the Linux cheerleaders all the time too
:lol: Maybe... Linux cheerleaders? Oh my god!

Allow me simply to quote an excerpt from a web post by another guy just to show my current mood:
I have also lost the capacity to be enthusiastic towards anything, because this is how the world has evolved. Not only the Linux world became increasingly frivolous, but there is no real chance to have a quality OS with quality software in the foreseeable future. Oh boy, I was almost happy in the times of MS/PC/DR-DOS!

(...) And we’re shallow, always in a hurry, and too busy with things that have no real significance. The other day I explored the possibility to keep being “social” through Facebook and Twitter, but after a short visit to my Facebook account, I felt I would go mad. How are all those people finding any pleasure to waste their time that way? (OK, the 999 TV channels, all full of ****, they also made us stupid.)

Everything changes, but not for the best.

(...)

I am not immune to anything that happens in this world. I too am dumber. I feel dumber than how I was 2 years ago. I feel dumber than how I was 4 years ago. I feel dumber than how I was 10 years ago. I feel dumber than how I was 20 years ago.

The world is concerned about the bling-bling details in everything (and they lack the good taste so badly). There is no focus on things that matter.

Disappointments, bitterness, the feeling that I am living in the worst possible world (and immutable, despite its apparent dynamics)… all this brainwashed me in some ways.

(...)

to know that tomorrow things will be worst, globally speaking.

(...)

I don’t believe in any of the aspects that currently drive the “innovation” in IT. I’ll just sit and watch the apocalypse coming.

(...)

The IT is lacking the common sense, but under the circumstances we must accept that Windows 7 is going to be the way to go for most people. So I’d better be used with it. At least, it’s elegant in design, yet it can be configured to look like Windows 2000. (...) There is plenty of open-source or just freeware that runs on Windows too. And, really, Office 2007 and the upcoming 2010 are terribly advanced. OpenOffice.org is a dead end, it will never reach any standards of usability and quality.

In the costless world where they claim “freedom” matters, the only project that has a direction (even a wrong one!) is KDE4. I am still exploring it, maybe I could get used with it. The Kubuntu Karmic Alpha 5 features KDE 4.3.1 and it feels very stable at first sight (it even hibernates from the LiveCD!) (...) Unfortunately, what I see in the GNOME world just proves they go nowhere, whereas XFCE is so Win95-ish
This was not written by me but it's roughly what I think, except perhaps a few shades. About KDE4, I can NOT use it, really! About Windows, I'm always only Linux for now but in the (near?) future this can perhaps change... :roll:

But let us stop this, this is not the place.
FedoraRefugee

Post by FedoraRefugee »

I am not immune to anything that happens in this world. I too am dumber. I feel dumber than how I was 2 years ago. I feel dumber than how I was 4 years ago. I feel dumber than how I was 10 years ago. I feel dumber than how I was 20 years ago.
Damn! Yeah, I never really thought this before, but...yeah! This is true!

Lazier too. :cry:
The world is concerned about the bling-bling details in everything (and they lack the good taste so badly). There is no focus on things that matter.
Yep.

Return to “Open Chat”