Info. April 15, 2010: Security problem with sudo

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Info. April 15, 2010: Security problem with sudo

Post by linuxviolin »

NOT AGAIN! They can't write secure code no matter what. sudo: arbitrary code execution: http://lwn.net/Articles/383523
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Info. April 15, 2010: Security problem with sudo

Post by Midnighter »

*reads link* WTH?

/facepalm
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

This has already been patched I believe, there was a sudo update in the last couple of days.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

Midnighter, I don't understand your post. Sorry I'm French and sometimes some English sentences can be a little foreign to me...

But this post, like said in the title, is for info. In fact, many people/Linux users think Linux is a wonderful world, developers are almost gods and we must venerate them, everything is good in Linux and Windows is simply bad and the evil etc... You see the idea, right? :wink: So I think highlight the problems, errors, stupidity or other like this is an information provided to put back things in place, if you see what I mean. Sometimes/often this is welcome to open eyes at least.
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

linuxviolin wrote:Midnighter, I don't understand your post. Sorry I'm French and sometimes some English sentences can be a little foreign to me...

But this post, like said in the title, is for info. In fact, many people/Linux users think Linux is a wonderful world, developers are almost gods and we must venerate them, everything is good in Linux and Windows is simply bad and the evil etc... You see the idea, right? :wink: So I think highlight the problems, errors, stupidity or other like this is an information provided to put back things in place, if you see what I mean. Sometimes/often this is welcome to open eyes at least.

Sorry mate. Read article, went What The Hell? at such a basic error not caught, and facepalmed (you know, something is so stupid you slap your palm to your face "good grief" :)

Return to “Open Chat”