Jobs in Linux

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
mark9950
Level 2
Level 2

Jobs in Linux

Post by mark9950 »

As I was browsing the web for jobs I found this website where there are hundreds of jobs in linux,If the economy is so bad,why are there so many jobs available especially in Linux.I am a newbie in linux and don't have much experience in linux as of yet.

In case you are wondering this is the website

http://www.resumerobot.com/jobs/q-linux/l-
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Jobs in Linux

Post by DrHu »

mark9950 wrote:As I was browsing the web for jobs I found this website where there are hundreds of jobs in linux,If the economy is so bad,why are there so many jobs available especially in Linux
..If the economy is so bad,why are there so many jobs available especially in Linux..
First, don't believe everything you read
--a lot of these jobs, even if they are listed are not available (without experience) or may not even exist (an old list with potential contacts only or just an industry scan). Scan for new industries and suggest that many jobs are available, based on government funding or business trends. you will see that medical services is one of the bigger ones available as a trend for employment, good luck without credentials
  • Credentials means experience plus either certifications or a degree or a degree + certifications
I don't know that there are any good jobs available in Linux, except for people with experience already running Linux servers in a business or enterprise
--perhaps a new sysop (Administrator) can find a position with some small business, but they will be outa luck with any real business, that has an HR and cost controls..

Also, that link, is just a job search site, there are thousands of job search sites available
--the bigger ones are monster, Dice, and some social networking sites; that sometimes works, such as linkedin or facebook, or twitter

Just remember that it is a numbers game for these sites, and employer searches (strict criteria), and that under 10% of all possible jobs are being advertised
--this is why commercial sites wants to sell you resume services and the like, in order to reach the hidden job market
  • If they knew where it was, they would be able to match you up with that employer, without requiring any up front payout

Return to “Open Chat”