World Cup 2010

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

World Cup 2010

Post by MALsPa »

Possibly my favorite sporting event! Who's your favorite team? Almost always pulling for the upset here. Ouch, Rob Green let one get away from him: England 1, USA 1. And South Africa managed a 1-1 tie with Mexico in the opening game.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ztuttle5

Re: World Cup 2010

Post by Ztuttle5 »

the match between US and England was EPIC :wink:
denyu

Post by denyu »

haha this topic reaching here too ... Guest which country will goes away with the champ thropy this year...
JP Morgan said probrably England...
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

I'd be surprised if England wins it. But what do I know, I'm no JP Morgan! :lol:
mehmet7

Post by mehmet7 »

I' m really curious to see Brazil play again today, besides that I think in the preliminaries most teams will just start it slowly...
markfiend

Post by markfiend »

We are running an office sweep on the world cup. As there are 8 of us in total, that divides up nicely to four teams each.

I have drawn South Africa, Cote d'Ivoire, Switzerland and Uruguay. I'm obviously having a lucky day. :roll:
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

I'm still gobsmacked that North Korea scored against Brazil. I thought Brazil were meant to be good?
Airlife

Post by Airlife »

True, Brazil are good. But we don't know much about the North Korean team. For all we know, they could be genetically modified super-human football players.

Check the back of their necks for a barcode..

But also, speaking of the England vs. USA match, it was appalling playing on behalf of the English team. Especially Robert Green's slip up, costing us a win against the USA. Then again, he is human. We all make mistakes.
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

The match with Germany vs Australia was fantastic... yea...
mehmet7

Post by mehmet7 »

the red card against South Africa in their game against Uruguay was disappointing, though....
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

mehmet7 wrote:the red card against South Africa in their game against Uruguay was disappointing, though....
Yeah,I thought it was a terrible call.
Airlife

Post by Airlife »

If England lose to Algeria, I think I may..
Erm, well. Probably nothing actually. Never really took a liking to modern football these days anyway.. x3
mehmet7

Post by mehmet7 »

right now is Germany vs. Serbia, I wonder if Serbia might perform a miracle or if German quality soccer just performs as usual
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

Germany loses!

USA ties Slovenia! That might hurt the USA's chances to advance.
Airlife

Post by Airlife »

All I know is that England need to beat Slovenia in order to go through..
byronlewis

Post by byronlewis »

There will be a tough competition between Brazil and Argentina and it seems if this would be the case, Brazil will win. Brazil has never lose in last five years against Argentina and Brazil have won world cup for five times.
markfiend

Post by markfiend »

Airlife wrote:All I know is that England need to beat Slovenia in order to go through..
If they don't get through, the next time you'll see three lions on Wayne Rooney will be at Knowsley Safari Park.

I hear that Capello has called up the Chuckle Brothers for the final group game. At least they're paid to take the ****.

I know a few others, but this is a family-friendly forum... :lol:
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

The red card against Kaka was stupid, dirty tactics by the IC there.
Ztuttle5

Post by Ztuttle5 »

MALsPa wrote:
mehmet7 wrote:the red card against South Africa in their game against Uruguay was disappointing, though....
Yeah,I thought it was a terrible call.
no he triped the guy and the ball wasn't even next to him no reason to stick your foot out
Ztuttle5

Post by Ztuttle5 »

Old Marcus wrote:The red card against Kaka was stupid, dirty tactics by the IC there.
that was the worst call I've ever seen he ran in to kakas elbow with his chest and then grabed his face :roll: .......

Return to “Open Chat”