HelloWorld

Chat about just about anything else

HelloWorld

Postby codesplice on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:42 am

Hey all,
How are you?

I'm fine - thanks for asking :) Thought I'd toss up a quite little note to say "hi".

So hi.

My name's John, and I work as an IT technician for a law firm in Alabama. I've used various flavors of Linux since I discovered it in 1997 - ten years.... when did that happen?? Anyhoo, I've been running Mint Cassandra for a while now, and used Ubuntu since 5.04 "Hoary". Also ran RedHat back in the day, Fedora, SUSE, Slackware, BackTrack... Even used Windows Vista for a while too :p

I had been using a Dell Inspiron 9300 (Pentium-M, 1GB RAM, ATI Mobility X300) as my main computer for a while, but it's been flaking out lately so I pulled out my old project tower from high school - Pentium 2 @ 400MHz, 320MB RAM, and still had RedHat 6 on it :lol:. It worked... but just barely. I swiped a Compaq Deskpro EN (P3 @ 1000MHz, 512MB RAM) from work yesterday (it was in our pile to be tossed), threw Mint on it last night, and it is a HUGE step up from that P2 tower. In the mean time, I hacked the firmware on my Linksys WRT54Gv2 router to DD-WRT which enables me to use it as a wireless bridge to connect to my wireless network at home - just plug the ethernet cable into the computer and rock and roll!

Outside of my computer life, I work on and tune a Saab 9-3, and participate in rallycross events every chance I get - not often enough, I'm afraid :(

Anyhoo, I'm here, and now you know a bit about me, so we all win :)
-John
codesplice
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

rehi

Postby dracorX on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 am

Nice to have you here..
dracorX
Level 3
Level 3

Postby npap on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:39 am

Welcome Codesplice,
Glad to have you in the Mint gang. Wish you lots of fun. :)
Greetings,
Npap
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Open chat