Newbie Questions forum is full of non-newbie questions

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Brian49

Newbie Questions forum is full of non-newbie questions

Post by Brian49 »

Just as my thread title says. People are increasingly posting questions in the Newbie Questions forum which would be much more appropriately posted in one or other of the subject-specific forums. It looks to me like sheer laziness on the part of the OPs.

Note: This topic doesn't seem to me like a piece of "open chat". It's interesting to see how quickly this post has been moved, while the many inappropriate ones in the Newbie Questions forum are almost always left there.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: This forum is growing full of non-newbie questions

Post by proxima_centauri »

*Moved to Open Chat subforum*
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

Now that the thread has been moved, it is worth noting that "this forum" refers to the Newbie Questions section.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

randomizer wrote:Now that the thread has been moved, it is worth noting that "this forum" refers to the Newbie Questions section.
Good point.
lexon

Post by lexon »

As the Mint forums grow, some are becoming more like the Ubuntu forums.

Rich
The Alpha Gamer

Re: Newbie Questions forum is full of non-newbie questions

Post by The Alpha Gamer »

I always post in the newbie forum because none of the other forums seem right for general questions

Return to “Open Chat”