Can't get anything done...

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
grey1960envoy

Can't get anything done...

Post by grey1960envoy »

Have you ever noticed that when working on a computer the work never really gets done? I mean if you are using windows you must defrag , scan, reboot etc ,but if you are running Linux you are always tweaking it ? When in hell do you get around to actually working? So much to do and not enough time to do any of it ... oh well back to tinkering ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Can't get anything done...

Post by dawgdoc »

That reminds me, I have that 1.2 GHz celeron box discarded by a friends teenager.

I'm sure I could do something useful with it. Should it be a FreeNAS file server for backups or a multimedia server? :lol:
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

Hmm I think a multimedia server might not be a bad idea :lol: :lol: :lol:
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

. . .
Last edited by richyrich on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Well as for not getting anything done I know the feeling. I just set up tinkering times at certain intervals there for times for me to get work done does not interfere with with my tinkering time .....wait :lol: :lol: :lol: ....think I got that backwards ....my tinkertime does not get in the way of my work time... :D
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

willie42 wrote:Well as for not getting anything done I know the feeling. I just set up tinkering times at certain intervals there for times for me to get work done does not interfere with with my tinkering time .....wait :lol: :lol: :lol: ....think I got that backwards ....my tinkertime does not get in the way of my work time... :D
You're sure now are you ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

thats like asking the question "does anyone really know what time it is?" :lol: :D :shock:
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

it's 25 or 6 to 4
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

How can we really be sure :?: :lol: :D
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

I actually get work done in Windows, but almost none in Linux. I'm running Arch so the messing around never ends. ;) Windows required no maintenance once set up unless I chose to do some. I only updated when a restart wasn't going to interrupt what I was doing.

I rarely use Windows 7 now. It's too boring. The problem is that means I don't get any work done.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

randomizer wrote:I actually get work done in Windows, but almost none in Linux. I'm running Arch so the messing around never ends. ;) Windows required no maintenance once set up unless I chose to do some. I only updated when a restart wasn't going to interrupt what I was doing.

I rarely use Windows 7 now. It's too boring. The problem is that means I don't get any work done.
LOL

Return to “Open Chat”