Just saying hello

Chat about just about anything else

Just saying hello

Postby Perpetual on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 pm

Been playing with Celena on and off for over a month, currently using Ubuntu Gutsy as my main OS but kinda like the polish of Mint. Looking forward to seeing the Daryna beta.

Anyhow, hello!
Perpetual
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby GrayWizardLinux on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 pm

Welcome! I have given Ubuntu multiple chances and too many issues. Found a home here in Mint and am using Celena and love it. I was impressed with Bea a while ago. I hope you find this a sweet distro.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Perpetual on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:56 pm

Honestly, I have had a good experience with Gutsy, no problems. I do though like some of the features Mint has added. Not sure about the Mint Menu though but I am getting used to it.

Haven't decided to take the plunge and go 100% Mint yet, will see what Daryna looks like and how she acts on my laptop.
Perpetual
Level 1
Level 1

Postby npap on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Welcome Perpetual,
I am running Daryna in a dual-boot system. I installed it because I was sure that you can trust a Mint beta edition to be as stable as the final one may be.

I just downloaded and tried the Ubuntu Gutsy live. I did it to confirm a screen resolution problem I had. Yes, the bug is in Gutsy. :)
Just make sure you select SAFE GRAPHICS MODE when you try or install the live CD. That way, there won't be any problem with screen resolution.

Greetings,
Npap
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Just saying hello

Postby dirtydog on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:43 pm

I was using gutsy gibbon/Pclos 2007 till I read all the raves about Linux Mint on the Ubuntu forums. Daryna is the most user friendly distro I have tried so far and I have tried a lot.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-- Albert Einstein
dirtydog
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Open chat