Chat about just about anything else

Postby jdhore on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:20 am

Howdy! /waves

I'm a new Linux Mint user and i have to say. I've tried probably almost every distro out there (Arch, Gentoo, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, SuSe, CentOS and probably a few i'm forgetting) and Mint is BY FAR my favorite for many reasons.

First, It's currently very elegant and beautiful, more so than any other distro, and i rather like that.

Second, Most stuff that you would probably install as soon as you get the OS installed is already in. Codecs, DVD support, eye candy, useful mint-centric utilities, the right repos enabled, etc.

For those reasons, i think Mint is my favorite distro. I hope to not only use and enjoy it for hopefully the next few years, but i'll also try to become a part of the community asking questions on here and helping out wherever i can.

Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:56 am

Welcome to Mint jdhore
and thanks for the kind words
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Howdy!

Postby civint(not loggoed in...woops) on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:08 pm

you appear to be the kind of person that made linux for me. software and OS are both great but having a community makes it worthwhile for me by far. So welcome aboard and I hope we can count on you tostart answering newbie questions when one pops up you can answer (It's by far the best thing to do, lol, since I know how frustrating it can be not getting help-i got it at ubuntu forums as well as PCLOS.
civint(not loggoed in...woops)

Re: Howdy!

Postby npap2 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:28 am

Welcome to the gang Jdhore,

Free drinks at the Mint Cafe every night. :)
Cheers, npap
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Open chat