Howdy!

Chat about just about anything else

Howdy!

Postby jdhore on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:20 am

Howdy! /waves

I'm a new Linux Mint user and i have to say. I've tried probably almost every distro out there (Arch, Gentoo, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, SuSe, CentOS and probably a few i'm forgetting) and Mint is BY FAR my favorite for many reasons.

First, It's currently very elegant and beautiful, more so than any other distro, and i rather like that.

Second, Most stuff that you would probably install as soon as you get the OS installed is already in. Codecs, DVD support, eye candy, useful mint-centric utilities, the right repos enabled, etc.

For those reasons, i think Mint is my favorite distro. I hope to not only use and enjoy it for hopefully the next few years, but i'll also try to become a part of the community asking questions on here and helping out wherever i can.

JD
jdhore
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:56 am

Welcome to Mint jdhore
and thanks for the kind words
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Howdy!

Postby civint(not loggoed in...woops) on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:08 pm

you appear to be the kind of person that made linux for me. software and OS are both great but having a community makes it worthwhile for me by far. So welcome aboard and I hope we can count on you tostart answering newbie questions when one pops up you can answer (It's by far the best thing to do, lol, since I know how frustrating it can be not getting help-i got it at ubuntu forums as well as PCLOS.
civint(not loggoed in...woops)

Re: Howdy!

Postby npap2 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:28 am

Welcome to the gang Jdhore,

Free drinks at the Mint Cafe every night. :)
Cheers, npap
npap2
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Open chat