3D and 4D

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Yes, that's why we have Gnome and KDE. 8)

------------------------------------------------------------
Guinness and Mint... a lethal combination!
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 3D and 4D

Post by npap »

To all new members of the forum, we offer a free time travel ticket :lol:
Cheers !
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Wow!

I just got back, and you won't believe the cool stuff that's in LM35. Cinnamon's successor's successor is still a little bit rough around the edges, but that's to be expected since it uses the new hypercubic rendering mode.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Where did you go, Portreve?

I just got back from 2284. The YVE (Yet another Veterans Entourage) has just forked Devfyve from Debian after a bitter fight over systemh, the replacement for the replacement for the replacement for the replacement of systemd. Linux Mint still leads the pack as most popular Linux distro, though no one bothers to check Distrowatch anymore--600 million distros are impossible to search through.

After the one-world government failed, no one wanted anything to do with "unity", so Ubuntu switched to Amnity as their desktop and changed their motto from "Humanity to others" to "I still can't install Debian."

Clem is still alive and leading the Mint project after using the time machine so much that he became immortal. Unfortunately, he's also stuck at 17 years old--old enough to write decent code, but not old enough to realise that one cannot follow rock bands around Europe and simultaneously code well. His house is painted mint-green, but the walls are plastered with posters and bumper stickers. Nevertheless, he seems reasonably happy.

Oh, almost forgot to mention. Microsoft is still kicking and insisting their products are relevant in the "real world", though the user percentage is commonly reported to be from 2-5%. It's a bit of poetic justice, don't you think?
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Just got back from 1888 love the Victorian age.
Thought I would beat bill to the punch and create the kernel before he had any hope of starting anything and start the Steampunk era but all the talk of binary and lasers almost got me burnt at the stake, villagers ran after me with pitchforks screaming obscenities.
Ain't never going in the past again :shock:

Return to “Open Chat”