2 Week User FIrst Time Poster

Chat about just about anything else

2 Week User FIrst Time Poster

Postby h00chi3 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Just formated Vista off my laptop, resource hog, and installed Mint. Have used other distros before on my desktop to try out, but I have to say, I am loving mint.

Already got wine installed so I can still play City of Heroes, but I have to say, I love it. I am folding faster, and my 2 gigs of ram is not being swallowed by Vista. My CoreDuo processor is running nice and fast.

I just have to say, that overall, I am liking this distro alot. Thank you for developing this!
h00chi3
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: 2 Week User FIrst Time Poster

Postby exploder on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:27 am

Welcome to Mint!
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Postby npap on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Welcome to the Mint gang h00chi3

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Borat on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Welcome to Linux Mint h00chi3, hope you enjoy it :D
Borat
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mumbo719 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:13 pm

Welcome to Mint h00chi3.

I unfortunately keep Vista around sine Quickbooks 2007 is not yet supported in wine.

Enjoy!
Regards,

Warren J. Grisafi
Integrity Cleaning Systems, LLC.,
813-927-4315
http://www.integritytampa.com

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.
~ Mary Pickford
mumbo719
Level 3
Level 3

Postby humptydumpty on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:07 am

Hi,

I think you will like Mint - a lot. I have several people who I have weaned away from MacroHard Windoze - XP & Vista (mainly from Vista). Nobody yet has expressed any regrets whatsoever at their move. To the contrary, everyone has been delighted to have escaped from Big Brother's clutches and his prying eyes!

I also build quite a lot of PC's for friends and neighbours and during the last year, all of these have been with Linux Mint installed. Once users have become familiar with the new operating system, I get far fewer calls for help from Linux users than from those still in the clutches of MacroHard. Apart from very real concerns about the Draconian licence conditions applied to Vista and re-installation limitations, the main criticism seems to be the disappointing performance of this costly and cumbersome operating system.

I am sure that you will be very happy now that you have "cleansed" your PC - enjoy your new freedom and voyage of discovery. If you do encounter any rough seas of confusion, just remember that there there are many other Linux users sailing nearby, who will not hesitate to throw you a life-line, if you put out a distress call!

Good luck with Linux Mint - stick with it!

HD.
humptydumpty
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Open chat