PCLinuxOS, I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: PCLinuxOS, I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Post by npap »

Welcome REMcycle.
Glad to have another Mint addict here.
Cheers,
npap
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Post by nelamvr6 »

:D

Welcome!
molom

Post by molom »

@REMcycle
Good on ya for changing. PCLOS is nice, but I really hate its configuration and looks.

Cheers,
molom

BTW You should be a poet ;)
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

Welcome REMcycle, you will like it here. I too, have left another for Daryna and thus far have not been disappointed.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Welcome to the Mint Family - I hope You'll like it!
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
jag1182

Post by jag1182 »

Daryna is a special girl But there is one thing she won't do for me yet- I can't get her to go wireless. Once I figure that out, I have three more computers to switch - but they have to run wirelessly.
Nice to be here, though.
pete284

Post by pete284 »

I tried PCLinux OS before settling on Mint.

I never got it fully working, problems with all sorts of things, especially trying to get it recognize my ethernet card. I have the same problem with lots of ditros in that respect, just can't recognise my Internet connection.

Only 3 distros so far have worked out of the box for me: Ubuntu, Puppy Linux and Mint. (I keep Puppy live CD for emergencies).
kevmille

Post by kevmille »

PCLOS is a great distro, especially for newbies. Unfortunately, first impressions are everything in the world of Linux. Linux Mint's eye candy draws people in immediately. I wanted to use PCLOS with my students but when they saw me with Linux Mint, well, I had no choice but to change.

I see PCLOS and Linux Mint fighting it out in the future which I think will be a good thing. Give Ubuntu the run for it's money I say :)
Ookami

Post by Ookami »

My relationship with Sabayon was all well and good; we were one of those "open" relationships, you see. I had Windows XP on another partition, and Sabayon preferred KDE to GNOME. But we "co-existed" peacefully until I discovered mint. Since then, I've been noticing all sorts of faults with Sabayon, and we slowly grew further and further apart until I finally decided to break up. It was a horrible day, but since then I've never looked back.

As for Windows XP, I haven't seen its face since I installed Daryna.
blakeatl

Post by blakeatl »

I went from Ubuntu to PCLinuxOS 2007 and now to Mint 4.0. I enjoyed PCLinux, but it isn't as stable as Mint. I'm with Mint now and this is where I'm staying.
billybob
Level 1
Level 1

Post by billybob »

I tries Pclinuxos 07 and gnome edition. Gnome is better for them but to bad the distro is based on Mandriva. Not much in their repos as much as Mint.

Return to “Open Chat”