dell windows choice

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
acithium

dell windows choice

Post by acithium »

okay here is my dilemma. My windows vista partition on my lappy always crashes itself when i install the recommended updates. I get the BSOD and i have to format and start from scratch. Dell is sending me a DVD to format my HD back to the original settings. I'm going to reinstall mint (of course) and PCLOS too. Should I even bother formatting my drive and trying to fix the problem or just not install the recommended updates? I mean it doesn't crash until I perform the recommended updates. Is it really worth it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: dell windows choice

Post by Husse »

Not updating Windows is like inviting the thieves to your home - unfortunately
Even more unfortunate is that you only have one of these recovery versions that wipes the drive clean.
And you can't borrow some ones real Win DVD because the serial number (whatever) is wrong and you can't get it activated.....
Try to figure out what's making the updates destroy your lappy
NoClue!
Level 3
Level 3

Re: dell windows choice

Post by NoClue! »

I am no vista fanboy but I would want to know why it keeps crashing after updates. Have dell send you an upgrade to xp cd. It shouldn't crash like you've described. If you are going to install pclos and mint, be sure to put pclos on first following windows then mint.

Return to “Open Chat”