Thanks for the grest distro!!

Chat about just about anything else

Thanks for the grest distro!!

Postby Zero Prime on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Hey everyone. I'm new to LinuxMint, but not new to nix. I've used Unix in the military and started using Linux (Ubuntu) 2 years ago. I've since switched to Ultimate Edition and Linux Mint (Duel boot), and I'm a moderator at the Ultimate Edition forums. I have to say that I'm impressed with the speed of LinuxMint. For a distro based on Ubuntu 7.10 I expected it to be just as slow. I was very surprised. Everything is fast from boot to application usage.

My only nitpics would be with gtx themes. I've noticed that some won't render correctly, such as 2 that I made and those that I based them on, eg... http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=71078
I found that the only way I could get it to work right was to install the theme into the theme folder and then install the terminal based gtx-theme-switcher. Not hard for me, but something I don't think should have been necessary.

The only way I could think of to make this distro any better would have a collaboration with TheeMahn of Ultimate Edition. The out of the box experience is awesome for both distros, now to see them put together would kick serious butt. The ease of use and looks of LinuxMint with the scrips written by TheeMahn would rock.

Keep up the good work guys.
Zero Prime
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Thanks for the grest distro!!

Postby Husse on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:56 am

Thank you for kind words
I looked at the homepage of the Ultimate Edition and I can hardly read the text ...
I'll see if anyone is interested
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby Zero Prime on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:07 am

The homepage is rather hard to read. I just go to the forums. The page may change soon cause he got a new webmaster.
Zero Prime
Level 3
Level 3

Postby muskratmx on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:13 pm

I may have to give that one a try,
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Open chat