AMD/ATI Driver Mint 17 Mate

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tcamp17
Level 1
Level 1

AMD/ATI Driver Mint 17 Mate

Post by tcamp17 »

Is it possible there will be a driver, for Mullins Raedon APU A4-6000 w/R2 graphics card? The only way I could get this laptop to project properly on TV, was to manually install the last beta driver AMD ever put out for Linux! Why this worked,I still am at a loss? Yet, this only works for VGA and not for the HDMI port! The Recommended driver = no signal period, the in system proprietary fglrx drivers were of no use either! Toshiba Satellite AMD A8 model L50D-B
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grungy_me
Level 3
Level 3

Re: AMD/ATI Driver Mint 17 Mate

Post by grungy_me »

Please run the following terminal code as mentioned in the Forum rules and paste the output here so we can see exactly what hardware you have:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
I notice that the AMD beta 14.6 7/14/2014 proprietary graphics driver from AMD's web site supports:
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility ​

AMD Radeon™ HD 6000D Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000G Series
Is one of these series not your AMD APU?

I'm not terribly surprised that the default open source AMD driver doesn't support your hardware well. It seems laptop GPU's always seem to have more issues possibly due to OEM hardware customizations than desktop GPU's. And the open source drivers are far from perfect.
tcamp17
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tcamp17 »

Can't run terminal,I was doing this off the top of my head, because I did this for a friend--- already gave him back laptop! thanks anyway!!
Don_Pedro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Don_Pedro »

For AMD driver you have to install Catalyst.
Here the process to install AMD Catalyst in this post : http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... &t=176939
Cordially
P.
Mint 21.2 64-bit , Cinnamon
Think Pad T420 Ram:8 GB Intel© Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 2 SSD Samsung- Firefox/Brave

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”