USB to HDMI adapter using DisplayLink

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jompa89

USB to HDMI adapter using DisplayLink

Post by jompa89 »

I bought a USB to HDMI adapter to connect my Lenovo S10-3t, running Mint 13 Cinnamon, to my TV. The adapter uses DisplayLink drivers and out of the box I get a green screen on my TV. From what I have found by googling that means that the driver is there but that I need to configure my system. The internal graphics card is an Intel card. Anyone that can help me?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carol14

Re: USB to HDMI adapter using DisplayLink

Post by carol14 »

HDMI Cables have a number of benefits, where all are well-designed, to make sure that you get the very best results from your digital devices. When digital video and audio is transferred it is usually compressed. This compromises, the quality of the video and audio, considerably. By using HDMI, the image and sound is not converted from digital to analog and then, back again which is unnecessary. 
jompa89

Post by jompa89 »

That doesn't answer my question though.
vlovjz

Post by vlovjz »

Hey dude,

I'm in the same boat as you. It looks like if you want it to work you're going to have to dig around in your Xorg configuration. I'm scared to, as I am running Linux on my tablet and have my wacom stylus and screen rotation set up just perfectly at the moment.

DisplayLink devices are relatively new, and developers on the Linux side of things are still catching up. You could dive into your Xorg config files or sit tight and see what any new release might improve support for your adapter. However it is encouraging to see that the kernel has built in support for the device already!

Good luck!

For more info check out libdlo.freedesktop.org
Favux

Post by Favux »

Are you talking about doing a xorg.conf something like this?
http://broddlit.wordpress.com/2009/10/2 ... der-linux/

Or do you want to try it through xorg.conf.d so you get hotplugging?
jompa89

Post by jompa89 »

I tried to mess a bit with xorg.conf a while ago, and if I remember correctly I got some signs of it working but it ended with a messed up desktop. Right now I think I'll go for the wait it out option.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”