How do I install experimental Catalyst drivers?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rua
Level 3
Level 3

How do I install experimental Catalyst drivers?

Post by Rua »

I am trying to update the drivers for my Radeon HD5770 card (which is supported by the latest drivers) to use the Catalyst 12.11 beta drivers. Here and here it's noted that Ubuntu now supports experimental (beta) drivers. However, the drivers tab under software sources still only lists two drivers, fglrx and fglrx-updates, no fglrx-experimental like the links mention. Do I have to do something to make the beta drivers appear in the list?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
crushkittykitty

Re: How do I install experimental Catalyst drivers?

Post by crushkittykitty »

This is how to install the experimental catalyst and how to remove the water mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2X4cA4A7OY
Rua
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How do I install experimental Catalyst drivers?

Post by Rua »

Thank you, that is helpful. But it's not really the convenient answer I was hoping for. Is there no repository that I can use to automate the process through package management, in the way that the standard Mint-supplied drivers are?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”