Curious Problem - Radeon HD6320 and Menu Panel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tmcconne

Curious Problem - Radeon HD6320 and Menu Panel

Post by tmcconne »

Hi,

I am running Mint 14, Cinnamon, 32 bit. Everything was running beautifully until I decided to install the AMD Radeon HD6xxx drivers that match my graphics card.

I should have left enough well alone, all I was hoping was for some graphics improvement, although truth be told my graphics were just fine with the stock install.

Now, although I think the graphics ARE better, I have a curious problem.

Whenever the menu panel auto-hides or re shows itself the screen 'spasms' and looks very shonky indeed, the wobbly screen problems only manifest themselve for milli-seconds, basically in the cross over from hidden to visible, or visible to hidden. Otherwise everything is fine, and as I said, I think the graphics ARE better.

Anyway, all I did was to uncheck the 'auto hide' panel option so that the panel is always visible and I have no other issues, but its buggin me, as I like auto hide on, and I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas?

Cheers,
Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tmcconne

Re: Curious Problem - Radeon HD6320 and Menu Panel

Post by tmcconne »

If anyone looks at this I ended up uninstalling the AMD ATI drivers as discussed here:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 55#p579455

and going back to the open source drivers, everthing is now fine.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”