My PNY Geforce GT (somethingorother) has a dead fan and is pretty much unusable. I'm ready to buy a new graphics card.
Here are my criteria:
- Preferrably an Nvidia card.
- Most compatible with Linux Mint 13.
- Around the price of $200.
- Won't have tearing issues(nearly every graphics card I've used with multiple versions of linux has some video tearing).
- For someone who does a moderate amount of animation/editing/compositing.
- Something I can overclock fairly easily/safely.
- PCI-Express x16
- Preferrably 2GB ram, unless a card with a smaller amount of ram performs better.
- Two DVI ports for multiple monitors(I think this is standard now, though).
- GDDR5 ram.
So can anyone help me out here? I've noticed that people asking similar questions on the internet are always told by graphics/gaming snobs to get the best card in existence, but all I want is something that has the best performance for what I can afford(best value).