MAC Mini TV Connection Interrupts

Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

MAC Mini TV Connection Interrupts

Postby sgotti on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:06 am

Hi Together,

I'm a newby and I installed via Bootcamp a Linux Mint (64bit) on my Mac Mini (model 2007):

2.0GHz Mac mini (MB139LL/A)
Processor: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
L2 cache: 4MB shared
System bus: 667MHz
Memory: 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)
Optical drive:Graphics: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory1
Ports: One FireWire 400 port (8 watts); four USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps); DVI output; VGA output (using included adapter); S-video and composite video output4

I connect that to a Samsung 40'' LCD Flat Screen (Full HD) via DVI to HDMI adapter from Apple Store.

Problem: When watching video (checked with XBMC live TV and VLC Player compressed video) the video plays for approx. 8-10sec than the picture freezes for about a quarter second, then continues (the video is catched up like fast forward) and plays normal for another 10sec, then it freezes againg for about a quarter seconds. Under OSX I did not see those problems, so I would not look for the problem on TV, but would not exclude totally.

What I did so far: I played with resolution (changed to 1280x720) and frequency (50Hz/60Hz, the TV adjustes automatically), I checked performance monitor (the window with graphic bars stops and continues at the same period!) and processes but could not identify the troublemaker so far.

Has anybody an idea what I can do?
Thanks for your answers,
sgotti
sgotti
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Graphic Cards & Monitors