Check/set display frequency of 0.0 Hz (unsolved; deferred)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rogonow

Check/set display frequency of 0.0 Hz (unsolved; deferred)

Post by Rogonow »

When I do this: "Menu" --> 'Settings' --> 'Display'
I see then 0.0 Hz. I searched on this forum and with google, but no solution was found to be good enough.

Code: Select all

$ xrandr
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080       0.0* 
   1280x1024       0.0  
   1024x768        0.0  
   800x600         0.0  
   640x480         0.0 

$ inxi -Gx
Graphics:  Card: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0 
           X.Org: 1.11.3 driver: vesa Resolution: 1920x1080@0.0hz 
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x300) GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.4 Direct Rendering: Yes

I made this at: etc/X11/xorg.conf but i don't know how to configure.

Code: Select all

#
Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
	Driver		"vesa"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Monitor		"Configured Monitor"
	Device		"Configured Video Device"
EndSection
I think the frequency is not set right. I have streaks on the screen at game "Neverball". I think my 3D-card is activated on my motherboard MSI H81M-P33 V2" with i5 (4 cores) processor.
"glxgears" gives me about 3000 fps.

EDIT: After replacing my kernel, 3D got disactivated. While trying to set that back, no kernel was found at reboot!! Linux Mint forced me to stop using it. I'll try an other linux.... Gosh, after hours of configuring. Windows wins again.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rogonow

Re: Check/set display frequency of 0.0 Hz

Post by Rogonow »

I found out that the games Neverball and Neverputt have also streaks on my old pc. My old pc had those flashing streaks not. It seems that an update destroyed the possibility to play those games in my Linux version. Supertuxcart, an other game, works perfect.
About the display frequency: it's a bug that would be solved in Linux Mint 17.

Such stuff makes that Windows keeps winning from Linux Mint popularity.

However, I have high expectations for Linux Mint 17. I still doubt about an upgrade to it or a reinstall of it.

somehow, I feel sometimes convinced that LTS stands for 'Long Term Suffering". So my vision is to choose for new versions while having somewhere a log for yourself or online to tune it quickly to your multi-usable device, to repair quicky if necessary and to support those 'suffering' developers.

But I'll wait some months for Linux Mint 17 / Ubuntu 14.04.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”