Another Nvidia graphics problem.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bmert

Another Nvidia graphics problem.

Post by bmert »

Hello,

When I had done a fresh install of Mint 16 I had an ATI 5570 graphics card which I had no problem installing the proprietary graphics driver using the driver manager in the administration menu, but later I switched it to a Nvidia 610 graphics card and also had no problem getting the proprietary graphics driver working. I have now switched the Nvidia 610 out for a Nvidia GTX 750ti card and I guess I was just hoping naively that since they both were Nvidia cards I could just put the new one in and everything would be fine but it turns out that isn't the case. I now have a 640 x 480 desktop working but could someone please tell me how to get the proprietary driver working with this new card and what the proper procedure is upon installing a new graphics card for future reference?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bmert

Re: Another Nvidia graphics problem.

Post by bmert »

I just tried a reinstall and after I got the screen saying it was starting to boot up the screen turned white with a flashing cursor and the DVD was active for a little while and nothing else. Will Mint 16 even work with the Nvidia GTX750ti?
ridobe

Post by ridobe »

You can't use the drivers from driver manager. Support wasn't added for your card until 334.21. You will have to download and install manually directly from Nvidia.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
bmert

Post by bmert »

Okay thanks, I'll just wait and hope it gets into the repository soon.
ridobe

Post by ridobe »

Fyi: they just showed up.

bmert

Post by bmert »

I'll install right now. Thanks.
ridobe

Post by ridobe »

Well, now 337 is available. Man, that was quick compared to 334.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”